Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 9:03 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
I for one loved the subtle changes made on the Fuel. They made just enough difference to make the bike entirely it's own vs. the previous generation. I'm hoping the subtle changes on the Slash have a similar feeling. I had a super steep seat angle on my Transition and although I "loved" it at first, a year later I realized I enjoyed the more balanced position of the Trek, and therefor rode a lot faster on a Slash and the new Fuel. The super steep seat angle bikes put me too far over the front and I could never get used to it, other than on the climbs.

I assume they kept Knock Block because it's still being run on the smaller bikes.

I tried pushing my seat forward on my slash for a steeper "effective angle" and all I got out of it was knee pain. I think this seat tube business is overhyped

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 9:07 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
ZSchnei wrote:
I for one loved the subtle changes made on the Fuel. They made just enough difference to make the bike entirely it's own vs. the previous generation. I'm hoping the subtle changes on the Slash have a similar feeling. I had a super steep seat angle on my Transition and although I "loved" it at first, a year later I realized I enjoyed the more balanced position of the Trek, and therefor rode a lot faster on a Slash and the new Fuel. The super steep seat angle bikes put me too far over the front and I could never get used to it, other than on the climbs.

I assume they kept Knock Block because it's still being run on the smaller bikes.

I tried pushing my seat forward on my slash for a steeper "effective angle" and all I got out of it was knee pain. I think this seat tube business is overhyped

Yeah 76 is more than steep enough for the majority of climbs. And the for the tracks where it isn't, most people will be walking their bikes anyways.

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 9:09 Quote
FastRiding wrote:
Either way, change it or not. My trails are to hard to get anything besides a slash/session

Frown treek has failed us mates

What trails couldn't you ride on the previous slash??? This slash looks way more aggressive and in line with big enduro bikes of today (170f/160r, slacker HT angle, and longer reach).

Agreed on the steeper seat tube angles. Unless all you do is steep climbing where you live I think some bikes have gone too far. If that's you, then just buy a different bike like a commencal or privateer. It's nice to have options and slash seems like geo is pretty nailed imo. Time will tell when people get to ride it.

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 9:26 Quote
i was expecting more change in the look of the bike but the geometry is on point

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 9:39 Quote
TBH whether or not I buy a 2021 is completely dependent on if the 9.8 comes out with a good color option.

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
Fair, but this is Trek and they've had the same suspension platform with ABP for years. One of the best platforms along with DW-link bikes imo.

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 10:34 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
TBH whether or not I buy a 2021 is completely dependent on if the 9.8 comes out with a good color option.

Same here... must be at least with shimano. When not, i stay with my remedy and built it to a mullet.

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 10:49 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:

Same here... must be at least with shimano. When not, i stay with my remedy and built it to a mullet.

Same for me. I might drop to the 27.5 remedy, though. I don't race, so I'm digging 27.5 wheels.

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 11:08 Quote
That is exactly what I was hoping for... May have to pull the trigger on the 9.8. Any idea on the price??

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 11:26 Quote
stokedrightnow wrote:
That is exactly what I was hoping for... May have to pull the trigger on the 9.8. Any idea on the price??

9.7: 4599 €
9.8 : 5599 €

Just looked thru the B2B and they look very nice.
9.8 comes in the above orange version and in Light Grey / Dark Grey-ish colorway
9.7 comes in the Orange version and a Dark Green version, like the new My21 Remedy 9.8

I'm actually pretty happy they updated the KnockBlock aswell, meaning that you can turn the bar more and easily deactivate it aswell....

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 11:37 Quote
f*ck me, that 9.8 has a perfect built and nice colour

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 11:46 Quote
luckyguy19 wrote:

Why'd you take the pics down?

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 11:47 Quote
paddyRC wrote:
stokedrightnow wrote:

9.8 comes in the above orange version and in Light Grey / Dark Grey-ish colorway
9.7 comes in the Orange version and a Dark Green version, like the new My21 Remedy 9.8

I'm actually pretty happy they updated the KnockBlock aswell, meaning that you can turn the bar more and easily deactivate it aswell....

9.9 colours?

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 11:47 Quote
paddyRC wrote:
stokedrightnow wrote:

8 is going to have the finish like fuel ex 9.8
black frame with silver logo
7 is going tho have the above mentioned colorway and a red with black logo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010631
Mobile Version of Website