Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 15:32 Quote
alexbg wrote:
Brdjanin wrote:
Guys I noticed that a few of you are complaining about creaking bikes, what is going on with new trek slash?

Is that some manufacturer error or something else?

Im asking because, im planing to buy that bike ( Slash alu model 8 ), so I wouldn't like to buy brand new bike and have creaking sounds from day 1 and that I dont know what is reason of them...

Thanks for feedback.

I'm in the same boat, have money ready and am keen to buy but I've also seen the bike I want for £200 less on pre order from a big bike shop so with a few people having creaks I tihink I will wait. There was even a review on youtube a guy did of a slash 8 and the whole time he is riding it was creaking. I'm sure all new bikes need a bit of grease but there is one guy that has replacement parts coming and that does worry me.

I'm one of them with a creaky Al 8 model. Although it's not quiet, it's a damn fun bike and I'm still happy I held off and waited for it. I mostly ride trails with the occasional trip to the mountains maybe 2-3 times a season. For a 160/170 bike, it rides fantastic. No complaints other than the creaking which will be something Trek will take care of.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 17:05 Quote
after about 5 2-3 hour rides each mine started to creak, main pivot bolts were dry - greased and gone.
pretty much all of my previous bikes have creaked and its always the same thing, main pivots were dry.
both my 2019/20/ and now 21 slash, fuel EX, scott spark/genius/ransom, YT tues, GT force... they all creaked.
Just picked up a new 2021 reign aswell before ive ridden it i took pivot bolts out.. guess what... DRY

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 17:39 Quote
PeteBatz wrote:
freerider129 wrote:
jalenbmtb wrote:
I bought the 2021 Slash 8 and have creaking. Trek shop told me it was the rear axel. They greased everything, torqued everything to spec, and it only solved it temporarily. Anyone else have this issue? Love it’s capability, hate the noise.

Yup, in the same boat. My shop and I have tried pretty much everything at this point. Apparently they called trek and they are sending "parts" not sure exactly what that means but I'll take it. Is yours coming from lower area around BB/Main pivot?

Im having the same issue. However took it for a quick spin today and it seems it only happens in colder weather.

Today was warm and i didnt hear it at all.

Hm, mine seems to creak independent of weather. Makes me feel like it’s about to fall apart

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 17:42 Quote
AML84 wrote:
Anyone else on XL?
I’m on an XL. Love it.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 21:48 Quote
jalenbmtb wrote:
AML84 wrote:
Anyone else on XL?
I’m on an XL. Love it.
What’s your height?

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 2:19 Quote
freerider129 wrote:
alexbg wrote:
Brdjanin wrote:
Guys I noticed that a few of you are complaining about creaking bikes, what is going on with new trek slash?

Is that some manufacturer error or something else?

Im asking because, im planing to buy that bike ( Slash alu model 8 ), so I wouldn't like to buy brand new bike and have creaking sounds from day 1 and that I dont know what is reason of them...

Thanks for feedback.

I'm in the same boat, have money ready and am keen to buy but I've also seen the bike I want for £200 less on pre order from a big bike shop so with a few people having creaks I tihink I will wait. There was even a review on youtube a guy did of a slash 8 and the whole time he is riding it was creaking. I'm sure all new bikes need a bit of grease but there is one guy that has replacement parts coming and that does worry me.

I'm one of them with a creaky Al 8 model. Although it's not quiet, it's a damn fun bike and I'm still happy I held off and waited for it. I mostly ride trails with the occasional trip to the mountains maybe 2-3 times a season. For a 160/170 bike, it rides fantastic. No complaints other than the creaking which will be something Trek will take care of.

Ok, so you are waiting that Trek bike shop fix those creaking problems or you fix them by your self?

Im asking because, I dont have experience with full-sus bikes and they are crazy expensive in my country, so i wouldnt like to spend 3500 EUR on something that can not be fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 3:01 Quote
Brdjanin wrote:
freerider129 wrote:
alexbg wrote:

Ok, so you are waiting that Trek bike shop fix those creaking problems or you fix them by your self?

Im asking because, I dont have experience with full-sus bikes and they are crazy expensive in my country, so i would like to spend 3500 EUR on something that can not be fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Do it yourself, it's fairly easy and at least it will teach you how to take care of your own bike. Just clean and grease all the bearings: the head tube+ the knock block and the seatpost are often a source of creaking and it's easy to fix, (and Trek is a bit stingy when it comes to greasing bearings). Also chek the bottom bracket and the suspension bearings.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 3:49 Quote
Atleast now the Bottom bracket is easy to service/replace. Press fit BB's need to be banned lol.
the bikes are very easy to work on, just make sure you retorque to spec.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 5:15 Quote
freerider129 wrote:
First off, this bike is awesome so far. I have about 60 miles on mine and it's definitely a weapon. First time on a 29er and it's a beast. Does not feel like a 160/170 bike on the trails but comes alive on the downs. This is definitely one hell of a bike!

Is anyone else having creaking issues with their aluminum frame? I'm getting a ton of creaking/snapping sounds which seems to be mostly coming from the seat tube or pivots. Been back to the shop already and they're kinda stumped too. Doesn't matter if I'm seated or standing, pedaling or coasting. Shop also has a call into trek about it, just waiting to hear back. I'm on a aluminum 8 size large

How awfull to have creaking and shit like that. hope you get that fixed fast.

Finally made my Project One slash, How di f do i post a Picture out here ?

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 5:52 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
Atleast now the Bottom bracket is easy to service/replace. Press fit BB's need to be banned lol.

Just had my new pressfit BB appear today for previous slash, just 20mins of boredom fitting or if it’s solid maybe longer knocking it out lol

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 6:55 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:

Agreed! Awesome to see threaded BB on the new Slash!

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
trek wrote:
luckyguy19 wrote:
POPER wrote:
@trek what damping has lyrik in slash 8? Should have a charger, but the description includes motion control.

Rockshox does not make the latest Lyrik with Motion control. The Slash 8 has a Charger Damper.

Correct, Charger 2 is the damper. I shot that to our web team to fix their typo.

-Mitch

Your website also says it has got a yari in the "the tech you got"!

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Got my Slash AL built, still waiting on the new Line Elite wheelsets to come back in stock so I stole the wheels off my old Slash lol. Praying for rain so the air quality will stop being the worst in the world and the trails will re-open so I can ride her!

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Are your wheels 27.5 or is your frame huge? Doesn't look like a 29er. Might just be the new slash frame as well.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
Got my Slash AL built, still waiting on the new Line Elite wheelsets to come back in stock so I stole the wheels off my old Slash lol. Praying for rain so the air quality will stop being the worst in the world and the trails will re-open so I can ride her!

Where did you get that sticker!? Looks awesome with those colors!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010281
Mobile Version of Website