Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 8:17 Quote
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
Got my Slash AL built, still waiting on the new Line Elite wheelsets to come back in stock so I stole the wheels off my old Slash lol. Praying for rain so the air quality will stop being the worst in the world and the trails will re-open so I can ride her!

That thing is beautiful... Trek should've made the blue fade AL frames come with a silver logo. Looks mint.

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 9:51 Quote
WY228 wrote:
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
Got my Slash AL built, still waiting on the new Line Elite wheelsets to come back in stock so I stole the wheels off my old Slash lol. Praying for rain so the air quality will stop being the worst in the world and the trails will re-open so I can ride her!

That thing is beautiful... Trek should've made the blue fade AL frames come with a silver logo. Looks mint.

Silver does look awesome

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 10:32 Quote
Had a friend make the stickers as I just did not like the redish orange logos. Big Grin

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 23:41 Quote
Can we run a dropper longer than 170 in the Large size?

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 10:45 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
Can we run a dropper longer than 170 in the Large size?

Yes you can. Max insertion is 260mm on a Large Slash frame.

-Mitch

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 2:25 Quote
Is there already a company that offers frame protection sets (transparent) specifically for the new Slash?

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 3:17 Quote
FlorianTHT wrote:
Is there already a company that offers frame protection sets (transparent) specifically for the new Slash?

Invisiframe

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 4:13 Quote
Thx, I know but last time I checked they only had size XL for the new Slash. Easyframe have none at all yet.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 8:00 Quote
FlorianTHT wrote:
Thx, I know but last time I checked they only had size XL for the new Slash. Easyframe have none at all yet.

Buy some helicopter tape, like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O65W9Y/

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 23:18 Quote
FlorianTHT wrote:

Ridewrap has it in M/L and L...

https://www.ridewrap.ca/

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 1:20 Quote
Jabba81 wrote:
FlorianTHT wrote:

Ridewrap has it in M/L and L...

https://www.ridewrap.ca/

Thanks a lot, that was what I was looking for Smile

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 3:33 Quote
Hows everyone goin with suspension setup? Using the recommended settings? More pressure? Less?

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 7:15 Quote
So I got to take the beast for a ride this weekend, sadly just an XCish ride since all our party trails are closed due to fires. Bike climbed really well for a 34lb 170mm enduro rig! The Fox 38 is amazing!
I did however have some creaking under heavy pedals and big hits. I had greased and torqued the main pivots but I did not do the ABP. After pulling them apart I think its the new Sram universal derail hanger. I noticed a bit of wear on it already. Greased and torqued and did a few sprints in the street all is quiet but it will be a few days till I can confirm. But if you end up taking your bike in be sure the shop does the ABP.

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 9:16 Quote
PeteBatz wrote:
Hows everyone goin with suspension setup? Using the recommended settings? More pressure? Less?

I went with the recommend setting from the suspension set up site, but upped the pressre by 5 PSI out back. (running a 38 up front)

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 13:11 Quote
The recommended settings for me (98kg) are pretty spot on for all-rounder, but ive softend both slightly to deal with my local high speed chatter, (includes some small drops and wooden jumps that i downside, one jump is to flat but not that big and i probably use 85% travel.)

so in basic terms im probably 24-25% sag in the fork and 34-35% sag in the rear, this is for my local trails only and will go back up in pressure when i take it to the big stuff like the park.

I rode both of my 2019 and 2021 slash's back to back(with recommended settings) the 21 is better in everyway except i seem to be getting sore hands when climbing, something i loved about the 19 was the more rear seated pos.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007493
Mobile Version of Website