Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 7:49 Quote
Ketchika wrote:
If you go to the Trek Slash 8 (tech specs) webpage, it clearly says Charger 2.1 RC Damper so no need to upgrade.

Maybe they meant to say Charger 2.1 RC2 upgrade

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 7:52 Quote
WharfRatNJ wrote:
Anyone know if the 2021 Slash 8 OEM Lyric has the 2021 air spring with the better sealhead/footnut that gets it to sit higher in the travel?

If someone with the 8 can check the ID code on the fork and verify it'll tell.

FS-LYRK-SELP-C3 is the new '21 model with updated air spring
FS-LYRK-SELP-C2 is the '20 model with the old air spring

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 8:41 Quote
You folks rock - this is why I love what I do, so thank you for the good vibes!

Salute

-Mitch

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 8:43 Quote
WY228 wrote:
Ketchika wrote:
If you go to the Trek Slash 8 (tech specs) webpage, it clearly says Charger 2.1 RC Damper so no need to upgrade.

These should have a Charger 2.1 RC btw. Lyrik Select+ comes with that and the Lyrik Ultimate comes with a Charger 2.1 RC2.

But really, you should just slap a ZEB Ultimate on it and call it a day, that fork rips through chunk.

-Mitch

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 9:30 Quote
@mitch:
slash 9.8 with zeb select+ has charger 2.1 RC but no highspeed compression adjust-right?
does all zeb forks have the air shaft upgrade?
cheers

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 11:53 Quote
RC 2 is upgrade over RC.

Drove BNT line comp on my curent Remedy, dent them, rear rim big time. I'm 100kg geared up so Ex511, competition spokes, brass nipples is my way to go.

Forgot to mention 200mm rear disc.

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 12:14 Quote
Im 100kg(was 118 with no kit) fully kitted and have no issue and i smash rock gardens hard and fast... denting the rim is not the rims fault. Tyre/tire and psi choice make a big differnce, if still having issues then someone needs cushcores..

If you think spending $$$ will help you fix something thats not the problem.. well... good luck.

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 13:14 Quote
pAzk wrote:
@mitch:
slash 9.8 with zeb select+ has charger 2.1 RC but no highspeed compression adjust-right?
does all zeb forks have the air shaft upgrade?
cheers

There is a good comparison of Zeb vs Lyrik over at Enduro-mtb...

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/2021-rockshox-zeb-suspension-fork-test/

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 13:30 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
If you think spending $$$ will help you fix something thats not the problem.. well... good luck.

Tnx man Smile

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 12:22 Quote
Hey everyone, after about 6/7 rides on a 9.8XT I started noticing a loose feeling in the rear of the bike. I checked to make sure all the pivot and link hardware were tight and found 2 bolts that were loose....like you could move them with your finger. So I got out my torque wrench, and went to tighten all of them to their specs. On the third bolt the head broke off. Luckily there was Allen key groves behind so I got the hardware out easily....but I’m down until the shop can get new hardware.

The shop told me to check the bolts after every ride. Maybe I should have been doing this the whole time but never knew to do so (I isually check everything about once a month). My old bike never had an issue and the Loctite always held.

Also make sure to check the bolt on the drive side (shock eyelet I believe) as this was loose. You would need a long Allen key and pop the chain up in order to reach it.

Bikes been great other than this and getting spacers in the rear shock!

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 12:57 Quote
Thats a shame, feel for you man - The bolts wouldnt of broken because of being weak or anything but because of being loose and having a thrashing, fatiguing the material.

Luckily i checked my Slash 8 before riding as i could undo both ABP's with almost the weight of my arm on long allen key.

When buying high performance bikes that we literally trust our lives with, everyone should be checking thier own bolts before first ride.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 2:31 Quote
trek wrote:
WY228 wrote:
Ketchika wrote:

These should have a Charger 2.1 RC btw. Lyrik Select+ comes with that and the Lyrik Ultimate comes with a Charger 2.1 RC2.

But really, you should just slap a ZEB Ultimate on it and call it a day, that fork rips through chunk.

-Mitch

Sure - just hand out some free examples. Smile

I really like the stock fork on the Slash 8 and I think for the casual rider (not the podium-racer) there is no serious difference noticeable, isn´t it? Correct me please, I have not ridden a ZEB til now.

Anyone has already installed tokens in the new damper?

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 8:35 Quote
I’ve had mine for 2 weeks now, Trek Slash 8 Al.

Bike is great doesn’t feel like a 29er. Taken it over the biggest drops and jumps in the South East and I think it could go bigger. Feels super playful for a 29er. I thought I was gonna mullet it but I’m keeping the 29s, haven’t buzzed my butt on the rear wheel once.

Bottomed out yesterday and my bb started creaking, sounds like this is a common issue. It wasn’t a crazy bottom out at all but I noticed it started creaking after. Has anyone found a good fix for this? I see the problem mentioned here but I haven’t seen anyone call out what they did to fix it.

Overall I’m super impressed with the bike and couldn’t be happier, just have to get these creaking issues solved!

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 11:09 Quote
felix571 wrote:

I really like the stock fork on the Slash 8 and I think for the casual rider (not the podium-racer) there is no serious difference noticeable, isn´t it? Correct me please, I have not ridden a ZEB til now.

Personally i hate how "stiff" the 38/ZEB is, instantly could tell through my hands/arms good for going fast but everyday riding etc stick to a lyrik/36

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 11:24 Quote
felix571 wrote:
trek wrote:
WY228 wrote:

-Mitch

I think it comes down to personal preference and the trails you ride. The stiffness does great when blasting a rough decent or through flow trails when you're trying to pop jumps - the bike in general just loves air time. I found the ZEB to be a great addition to my riding style and it was noticeable when moving from a Lyrik. My .02 cents.

-Mitch

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006046
Mobile Version of Website