Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 11:38 Quote
rean84 wrote:
rean84 wrote:
pAzk wrote:
nice, what frame size and how much drop is the axs reverb?
M/L 150MM REVERB.
Sorry 170

looks perfect, whats your seat height or body length Wink

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 13:55 Quote
pAzk wrote:
rean84 wrote:
rean84 wrote:

M/L 150MM REVERB.
Sorry 170

Hey man tks, 1.8m and 75cm seat to bb. Was a bit worried abou the ml, but fits perfect. I think the L is too long.

Ml geo is almost identical to the rail large which I have, and also the megatower large, my previous bike. Hope it helps.

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 13:57 Quote
helps a lot. im exactly your size and i also went with the ML which is still longer in reach an wheelbase than my 2020 slash large.

maybe i will try an 45 or 50mm stem, dont like the extra short stems.

cherrs and enjoy the bike!

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 14:33 Quote
Wow rean really nice, never seen that bloodred color before! like it!

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 15:02 Quote
felix571 wrote:
Hey guys, is anyone already using a fender for the rear tire?
Which one fits?

There is always a lot of dirt in tight places with moving parts, which ends in damaged varnish.

I installed the Zefal RS75 for the wet winter months. Does it's job without looking too pedestrian.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 13:51 Quote
Happy new year fellow slash bros! ❤️

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 19:49 Quote
rean84 wrote:
pAzk wrote:
rean84 wrote:

Sorry 170

Hey man tks, 1.8m and 75cm seat to bb. Was a bit worried abou the ml, but fits perfect. I think the L is too long.

Ml geo is almost identical to the rail large which I have, and also the megatower large, my previous bike. Hope it helps.

Hey I’m 6’ tall (1.83 m) on a size large with a 210 one up dropper post. Works great and it can almost be inserted to the collar. It’s nice to be able to get low!

Happy New Years!

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 0:34 Quote
Hey guys and gals, got a Slash on order, worried about the crank length. Can anyone share their real world experience comparing the 2021 Slash to the 2020 Fuel EX, both in high mode w 175 cranks? Wondering if I need to swap to 170’s. Don’t want to go any lower than where I’m at now w my Fuel EX/175 cranks.

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 1:25 Quote
Piker72 wrote:
Hey guys and gals, got a Slash on order, worried about the crank length. Can anyone share their real world experience comparing the 2021 Slash to the 2020 Fuel EX, both in high mode w 175 cranks? Wondering if I need to swap to 170’s. Don’t want to go any lower than where I’m at now w my Fuel EX/175 cranks.

I ride on rocky tech trails most of the time so I swapped the cranks out for 170’s. Hind sight I would have 100% gone to 165 or shorter. I was used to a much higher bottom bracket and I do notice how low this is even in the high setting (coming from a 2012 Trek RumbleFish). I have to be a lot more conscious about where my cranks are when climbing tech or when going thru rock gardens. Still really like the bike though.

This seems to be a solid option if you want to go 160...
https://canfieldbikes.com/products/canfield-bikes-am-dh-cranks?variant=31074267103307

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 1:37 Quote
[Quote="SirWilhelm"]
Piker72 wrote:

I ride on rocky tech trails most of the time so I swapped the cranks out for 170’s. Hind sight I would have 100% gone to 165 or shorter. I was used to a much higher bottom bracket and I do notice how low this is even in the high setting (coming from a 2012 Trek RumbleFish). I have to be a lot more conscious about where my cranks are when climbing tech or when going thru rock gardens. Still really like the bike though.

This seems to be a solid option if you want to go 160...
https://canfieldbikes.com/products/canfield-bikes-am-dh-cranks?variant=31074267103307[/Quote

Copy! Yeah I’ve checked out the Canfield cranks, very nice aluminum option!

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 17:43 Quote
Swizbee42 wrote:
Has anyone put a 52mm chainline crankset on their slash? Have an aluminum frame on the way and want to run gx carbon cranks with a 32t chainring
I managed to fit normal boost 165 cranks with normal boos chain line and the normal 3mm offset chainring. You just have to sand spacers and preload ring to get the correct fit so takes some effort. Also fitted 32t so the gap between chainring and chainstay is quite small but I think it is okay. Also if you do this you can back pedal whitout dropping chain on the 52t.

Posted: Jan 3, 2021 at 22:36 Quote
biker1969 wrote:
felix571 wrote:
Hey guys, is anyone already using a fender for the rear tire?
Which one fits?

There is always a lot of dirt in tight places with moving parts, which ends in damaged varnish.

I installed the Zefal RS75 for the wet winter months. Does it's job without looking too pedestrian.

Sadly this fender doesn´t protect the critical area on the lower part of the seat tube - this is the only area I´m worried about.

I don't mind getting dirty myself Smile But thanks for your answer!

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 4:27 Quote
Ottohemio wrote:
Swizbee42 wrote:
Has anyone put a 52mm chainline crankset on their slash? Have an aluminum frame on the way and want to run gx carbon cranks with a 32t chainring
I managed to fit normal boost 165 cranks with normal boos chain line and the normal 3mm offset chainring. You just have to sand spacers and preload ring to get the correct fit so takes some effort. Also fitted 32t so the gap between chainring and chainstay is quite small but I think it is okay. Also if you do this you can back pedal whitout dropping chain on the 52t.
Any photos of the gap at the chainstay ?

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 7:04 Quote
Swizbee42 wrote:
Ottohemio wrote:
Swizbee42 wrote:
Any photos of the gap at the chainstay ?
Got my old set to fit too... except when I was pedaling up a steep hill the flex caused the right side to rub on the chain stay. Very slightly but super annoying.

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
Hey guys, on my Slash there is a SRAM DUB Bottom Bracket installed.
I´m wondering if this is the right tool to loose it:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07XRCPRHZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I´ve read something about a big and a small version and now `m a little confused..

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008118
Mobile Version of Website