Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Author Message
O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 17:33 Quote
after seeing this video seems the spacers will make it work on our bikes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqdoNAPUakg

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 22:02 Quote
dksousa wrote:
after seeing this video seems the spacers will make it work on our bikes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqdoNAPUakg

Which spacers? Do they come with the MRP Bash Guide?

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 17:33 Quote
felix571 wrote:
dksousa wrote:
after seeing this video seems the spacers will make it work on our bikes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqdoNAPUakg

Which spacers? Do they come with the MRP Bash Guide?

Soon i’ll be getting my mrp amg v2, ill be going to return my oneup guide chain

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 21:57 Quote
dksousa wrote:
felix571 wrote:
dksousa wrote:
after seeing this video seems the spacers will make it work on our bikes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqdoNAPUakg

Which spacers? Do they come with the MRP Bash Guide?

Soon i’ll be getting my mrp amg v2, ill be going to return my oneup guide chain

I´ve just ordered the MRP AMg CS 1 and after doing some research I found out, there various spacers are included in the box. Should be fine I hope.

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 22:32 Quote
I think I need some help with the suspension setup of my Slash 8.
It feels like I have not reached the best the suspension can do for me.

With clothes and stuff I should be around 90kg. Maybe there is someone with similar dimensions and can give me an advice?

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 0:47 Quote
felix571 wrote:
I think I need some help with the suspension setup of my Slash 8.
It feels like I have not reached the best the suspension can do for me.

With clothes and stuff I should be around 90kg. Maybe there is someone with similar dimensions and can give me an advice?

Thanks!

Have you been on the trek set up page?
https://suspension.trekbikes.com/nz/en#calculator

RockShox Lyrik RC, DebonAir, Charger 2 @90kg gives 83 PSI, 8 clicks of rebound and sag is 26mm
RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Thru Shaft @90kg 215PSI, 4 clicks of rebound and sag is 19mm

This will give you a good base setting to start from. Then go out and ride it. change one thing at a time and note how it feels. If it gets better great, if worse go the other way.

Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 4:42 Quote
Hey guys, anyone else installed the old tokens (red) on the 2021 Super Deluxe? The manual says that only the new purple token are compatible.

For me the Red token fits (not flushed all the way as intended) and seems to be working fine, i should be worried with premature wear, the token unclip and become loose or something like that?

Maybe i'll just try to trim the token to fit like the purple, as i can tell the only difference is the notches at the border.

Maybe Mitch have something to add about the tokens.

Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 13:01 Quote
Saloma-BR wrote:
Hey guys, anyone else installed the old tokens (red) on the 2021 Super Deluxe? The manual says that only the new purple token are compatible.

For me the Red token fits (not flushed all the way as intended) and seems to be working fine, i should be worried with premature wear, the token unclip and become loose or something like that?

Maybe i'll just try to trim the token to fit like the purple, as i can tell the only difference is the notches at the border.

Maybe Mitch have something to add about the tokens.

Are the tokens out of stock or something? Seems like an expensive risk to take (damaging the shock) when the correct parts are relatively cheap.

I'm not sure Trek will have much to say other than follow RockShox's directions

Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 16:50 Quote
Dedward2 wrote:
Are the tokens out of stock or something? Seems like an expensive risk to take (damaging the shock) when the correct parts are relatively cheap.

I'm not sure Trek will have much to say other than follow RockShox's directions

Yes, i coudn’t find anywhere online, not even out of stock. I just trim one of my tokens to match the picture of the purple at the service manual, a 5 minute job. Now it’s flush and tight at the shaft as it should be. Problem solved.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
Saloma-BR wrote:
Hey guys, anyone else installed the old tokens (red) on the 2021 Super Deluxe? The manual says that only the new purple token are compatible.

For me the Red token fits (not flushed all the way as intended) and seems to be working fine, i should be worried with premature wear, the token unclip and become loose or something like that?

Maybe i'll just try to trim the token to fit like the purple, as i can tell the only difference is the notches at the border.

Maybe Mitch have something to add about the tokens.

I had to do some digging on this one, but I was able to find the correct part numbers for the tokens needed for the Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate ThruShaft.

11.4118.051.005 REAR SHOCK VOLUME REDUCER KIT - (INCLUDES 3 POSITIVE TOKENS) - SUPER DELUXE THRUSHAFT C1 (2021)
11.4118.051.006 REAR SHOCK VOLUME REDUCER KIT - (INCLUDES 1 NEGATIVE TOKEN) - SUPER DELUXE THRUSHAFT C1 (2021)

-Mitch Beer

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 10:54 Quote
trek wrote:
Saloma-BR wrote:
Hey guys, anyone else installed the old tokens (red) on the 2021 Super Deluxe? The manual says that only the new purple token are compatible.

For me the Red token fits (not flushed all the way as intended) and seems to be working fine, i should be worried with premature wear, the token unclip and become loose or something like that?

Maybe i'll just try to trim the token to fit like the purple, as i can tell the only difference is the notches at the border.

Maybe Mitch have something to add about the tokens.

I had to do some digging on this one, but I was able to find the correct part numbers for the tokens needed for the Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate ThruShaft.

11.4118.051.005 REAR SHOCK VOLUME REDUCER KIT - (INCLUDES 3 POSITIVE TOKENS) - SUPER DELUXE THRUSHAFT C1 (2021)
11.4118.051.006 REAR SHOCK VOLUME REDUCER KIT - (INCLUDES 1 NEGATIVE TOKEN) - SUPER DELUXE THRUSHAFT C1 (2021)

-Mitch Beer

You're doing good work Mitch.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 17:09 Quote
Hello all. I'm in the process of greasing some pivot bolts and pulled out the rocker through bolt and wasn't paying attention to the spacers that fell out. Trying to figure out if these go on the inside, up against the bearing or on the outside, next to the bolt head. I'm sure there's an obvious answer. I just want to confirm before I do any damage.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 19:14 Quote
joeyjop wrote:
Hello all. I'm in the process of greasing some pivot bolts and pulled out the rocker through bolt and wasn't paying attention to the spacers that fell out. Trying to figure out if these go on the inside, up against the bearing or on the outside, next to the bolt head. I'm sure there's an obvious answer. I just want to confirm before I do any damage.

Those go on the inside by the bearing. I use a little muc off grease to help hold them in place, makes a huge difference.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 20:59 Quote
robbie92835 wrote:
joeyjop wrote:
Hello all. I'm in the process of greasing some pivot bolts and pulled out the rocker through bolt and wasn't paying attention to the spacers that fell out. Trying to figure out if these go on the inside, up against the bearing or on the outside, next to the bolt head. I'm sure there's an obvious answer. I just want to confirm before I do any damage.

Those go on the inside by the bearing. I use a little muc off grease to help hold them in place, makes a huge difference.

Thanks man. That's what I thought. I started with the drive side but getting the washer in there on the non-drive side was tight. I'll try the grease trick to see if it works

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 10:50 Quote
My 9.8 XT is on order and I noticed some reviews saying they wish it had a longer dropper post. The only 34.9 I see online is the one 200mm. I am trying to decipher that it wont have too long of an insertion depth. Anyone else install something longer?

EDIT-Large Frame


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.032203
Mobile Version of Website