Orbea Occam Thread

Previous Page |
Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 8:02 Quote
Thought it would be good with a thread for the Orbea Occam

Decided on ordering the M-30 shimano Occam

Feeling unsure of the size as I at 186cm and very long legs fall pretty much right between L and XL

Has anyone on here received your Occam?
How long was the wait after ordering?
What are your impressions with the bike and the sizing?
Do you have any pictures to share?
Which upgrades have you got it with?

Please use the thread for any other posts or discussion of the occam

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
Havent ridden occam but if it was rallon i would recommend xl for you.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 9:09 Quote
sxy-slo wrote:

Yeah might be leaning that way too

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 9:15 Quote
As the previous posters have no experience with the occam, but at 185cm I'm riding an XL Rallon with a 35mm stem. The 50mm stem felt fine but in very long rides i started to get lower back pain. It is a big bike but would for sure go with the XL again.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 9:38 Quote
sxy-slo wrote:

Occam comes up short too - or at least my 2019 model does. Defo go for the XL.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 5:25 Quote
Thanks. It looks like I should go with the XL with the short tem option then

Posted: Jun 25, 2020 at 2:37 Quote
Hi guys, Im looking at getting the Occam H20 Shimano . has anyone riden one? any feedback?

I would've rather got the Jeffsy, but my insurance is giving me a voucher to a specific bike shop.

Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 11:02 Quote
I wish Mercia gave me money for a bike!

Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 13:29 Quote
Wife has one and a friend that rides steep alpine "vertride trails". It is pretty solid bike for good money. Friend recommends fox36 fork with 150mm travel

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 1:16 Quote
sxy-slo wrote:
Wife has one and a friend that rides steep alpine "vertride trails". It is pretty solid bike for good money. Friend recommends fox36 fork with 150mm travel

thanks mate! might also choose to get the 4-piston brakes too

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 16:58 Quote
Got my Occam just a few weeks ago. It took about 2.5 weeks to get it after I placed the order.

I'm 6'2" (188 cm) and went with the XL. I had ridden the previous iteration in an XL and it fit nicely.

I also went with the M30, but did almost all the upgrades. . . 150 mm Fox 36 (surprised to get the 2021 version), DPX2 rear shock, XT brakes, minions. Also I got the 170 dropper and shorter stem. The fit is perfect for me.

I really get a long with this bike. I'm coming from a V1 Following and this just does everything better. geometry is on point. going to be a great true trail bike. I do like that feeling of being a little bit "under-biked."

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 4:34 Quote
4pot brakes are a must have on am/en 29er!

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 2:14 Quote
Hi all

I have ordered and then reordered an Occam M30!

At 5,8” at a push I originally went for a large but then cancelled and went with a medium based on the increase in seat tube length and stand over being so borderline at my height.

Anyone ordered or own a medium at around my height have any experience with the Occam?

Personally the jump from medium to large seemed to be a step too far for me at my height and would have required a 125mm dropper otherwise seat would be too high!

Cheers

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Lillski wrote:
Hi all

I have ordered and then reordered an Occam M30!

At 5,8” at a push I originally went for a large but then cancelled and went with a medium based on the increase in seat tube length and stand over being so borderline at my height.

Anyone ordered or own a medium at around my height have any experience with the Occam?

Personally the jump from medium to large seemed to be a step too far for me at my height and would have required a 125mm dropper otherwise seat would be too high!

Cheers
I watched a pinkbike review of the Occam and they brought this up and said that it felt correct.

I'm about to order my Occam and was surprised that it suggests a Large. I'm 176cm which is basically 5,8" . Let us know how you get on with the medium , hope someone can help you though.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005892
Mobile Version of Website