Orbea Occam Thread

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 10:26 Quote
Vuco wrote:
It was 4200$ for the M10 model (2020) and 160$ for the Fox 36 upgrade.

Here is the fully compressed shock (doesn't go all the way in, but the stroke is at 50mm as it should be)
photo

Rear tire clearance on full travel. There was a discussion on other forum if a longer stroke shock could go in. Maybe, need to remove the shock and check if everything else can move more.
photo

Wow!! What a great fn deal!!! Can you get another one...I will pay for it over the phone..haha

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 12:09 Quote
Probably I/You could since I don't have any relationship with the LBS. My first buy/bike with them...
I contacted few of them (in surrounding countries) and all gave discounts. If I went directly with Orbea, I'd probably pay pricelist as on MyO page.
Never bought any bike for the pricelist, to be honest. Then again, I know people who get 40-50% discount for other brands, so this is nothing...
2021 models are 10% higher priced from what I've heard. Not sure about the equipment (if it's the same or lower).

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
Vuco wrote:
Probably I/You could since I don't have any relationship with the LBS. My first buy/bike with them...
I contacted few of them (in surrounding countries) and all gave discounts. If I went directly with Orbea, I'd probably pay pricelist as on MyO page.
Never bought any bike for the pricelist, to be honest. Then again, I know people who get 40-50% discount for other brands, so this is nothing...
2021 models are 10% higher priced from what I've heard. Not sure about the equipment (if it's the same or lower).

Just left the local orbea dealer...lady told me list price. The 2021 occam m10 is a 100 bucks cheaper then last year but they also threw the slx cassette on this year. Got 10 percent off a dealer on the switchblade. Really like the occam but I'm not paying msrp....never paid that for a car...no time to start now

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 7:52 Quote
Got my bro to take a pic of me in seated and attack position and bloody hell I'm huge Big Grin Big Grin
This is what 182.5cm, 85cm inseam and 96.5kg look like on a large Occam with 40mm stem. Not sure if it's the camera or angle but dang...
182.5cm height 96.5kg weight 85cm inseam on Orbea Occam M10 Large 2020 with 40mm stem - seated position

182.5cm height 96.5kg weight 85cm inseam on Orbea Occam M10 Large 2020 with 40mm stem - seated position

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 4:51 Quote
Now I see wha you don't notice any difference between occam and giant.. the frame is too small for you Wink

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 5:00 Quote
In what way do you mean that ?

P.S. Even the wheels look small in the pic!

P.P.S.
Except in effective top tube (and this is due to stepper seat angle), the Occam is longer in every other thing).
https://geometrygeeks.bike/compare/orbea-occam-2020-l,giant-reign-2-2015-l/

I went with the 40mm stem, as LBS pointed me at it. Maybe should have gone with 50 or 60mm.

Anyone else has a side pic while on the bike? Or can take it? Would like to see it Big Grin

P.P.S.S found an almost side photo of me on the Reign large, weighted 10kg less then, but still. Look similar to Occam.
Enduro race on Trnovica trails Rijeka

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 10:24 Quote
i am in the same boat but i am 184cm and 89 kgs, but i did get a large with the 50mm stem. I have been thinking 60 as well. I ordered my 2021 a few weeks ago myo, so we shall see, but when i demoed one a few people said i looked huge on it. WHo knows if its something that affects the performance and or my comfort i guess i will sell it and get a Ivis ripley and move on lol

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 12:37 Quote
If anything, I'll go to a 50 or 60mm stem in the future and to a 200+ dropper. The 40mm stem feels very direct (flimsy?). Not sure if such responsiveness is needed on a not overly slack trail bike with a short offset fork.

Compared to the Giant, whose steering felt much slower and more stable.

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 3:15 Quote
What, no one riding anymore ?

From local hill last time, making PRs on the uphills and downhills. Loving the fast tire setup, but will probably hate it when winter arrives Big Grin
photo

Small gap, a little to slow
Views: 449    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Tried to put the 36 in Fox recommended settings but couldn't unscrew the rebound knob with my bare hands Madder

Nothing else to comment. Bike is still silent, everything works like it should. Lovin' it

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 13:55 Quote
check out my 2021 Orbea Occam For Sale! listing in the buy/sell!

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2891285/

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
Has anyone in here ridden the occam '19 vs the '20 back to back? I got mine on clearance and could make back most of my cash and upgrade to the 2020 model by february

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 15:08 Quote
19 more xc traditional geo vs 20 is more trail more moder geo. Depends on what you want to ride

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 8:47 Quote
Any of you Occam owners ride chunky terrain and feel the 336mm is too low?

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 12:46 Quote
No more and no less pedal hits than on previous bike(s).
Doesn't feel that low really while climbing or descending, and I'm at ~30% of SAG if not more.

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 16:13 Quote
Vuco wrote:
No more and no less pedal hits than on previous bike(s).
Doesn't feel that low really while climbing or descending, and I'm at ~30% of SAG if not more.

Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.058099
Mobile Version of Website