How long do cushcore last ?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
How long do cushcore last ?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 10:10 Quote
so those inserts are super expensive, how long do they last on average ? One season, 2...3 ? I ride 3 times a week at least

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 2:45 Quote
Charlotroy wrote:
so those inserts are super expensive, how long do they last on average ? One season, 2...3 ? I ride 3 times a week at least

They are foam so they don't break or wear out, even if you dent a rim they are re-usable. I would think they would last years

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 6:08 Quote
Really depends on how much pressure you run and how hard you ride. If you are rarely hitting sharp edges that would impact the insert then they should last a very long time (years). The only way I would consider them worn out and unusable would be if they dried out and started cracking or if you had many hard hits in the same section that essentially make a large whole or tear from pinching.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 4:54 Quote
On my bike about 10 miles. Felt weird, steering seemed off and I tore them out. Rotating mass = bad.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 6:37 Quote
Has anyone tried the xc version of these? How do they feel? I would only use it in the rear tire

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 8:05 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Has anyone tried the xc version of these? How do they feel? I would only use it in the rear tire

Pretty good. There's definitely a difference in damping and support. If you're not riding lift access DH a lot or using a Double Down or DH tire then I'd go CCXC over the Pro.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004694
Mobile Version of Website