How long do cushcore last ?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
How long do cushcore last ?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 10:10 Quote
so those inserts are super expensive, how long do they last on average ? One season, 2...3 ? I ride 3 times a week at least

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 2:45 Quote
Charlotroy wrote:
so those inserts are super expensive, how long do they last on average ? One season, 2...3 ? I ride 3 times a week at least

They are foam so they don't break or wear out, even if you dent a rim they are re-usable. I would think they would last years

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 6:08 Quote
Really depends on how much pressure you run and how hard you ride. If you are rarely hitting sharp edges that would impact the insert then they should last a very long time (years). The only way I would consider them worn out and unusable would be if they dried out and started cracking or if you had many hard hits in the same section that essentially make a large whole or tear from pinching.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 4:54 Quote
On my bike about 10 miles. Felt weird, steering seemed off and I tore them out. Rotating mass = bad.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 6:37 Quote
Has anyone tried the xc version of these? How do they feel? I would only use it in the rear tire

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 8:05 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Has anyone tried the xc version of these? How do they feel? I would only use it in the rear tire

Pretty good. There's definitely a difference in damping and support. If you're not riding lift access DH a lot or using a Double Down or DH tire then I'd go CCXC over the Pro.

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
They absolutely wear out. Ride Snowshoe and it will be sooner than later. every nick you see is a hole all the way through waiting to ruin your rim.
#wveatsbikes

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 11:30 Quote
WVMtbiker1964 wrote:
They absolutely wear out. Ride Snowshoe and it will be sooner than later. every nick you see is a hole all the way through waiting to ruin your rim.
#wveatsbikes

Less than a season of dh riding while running dh tires. Essentially doubled the price of my tires…

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 17:46 Quote
Whole season in the park in whis in my DH bike, cushcore still looks new. So does my wheel. Worth every penny.

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
CushCore Pro lasted me approx 2 seasons and they were pretty beat by the end... definitely a wear item. They had tons of cuts and gashes from rims... didn't have nearly the protection by the end. Still good support though.

Tried out Cushcore XC... stupid for full on enduro riding, they're just expensive rim protection, zero sidewall support and still a bitch to deal with and expensive. They seemed to get cut up even faster and I swapped them out after a couple months of riding.

Tannus Tubeless Armour inserts are amazing. Cheaper, way lighter and wayyyyy easier to deal with and install than Cushcore pro. Same rim protection and almost the same sidewall support (little less). Only downside compared to CC pro is that they don't have the same ride flat ability as CC pro. I've been running a set for 2 full seasons now and they are showing zero wear... it's crazy... not sure how long they'll last but I love them.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 14:53 Quote
I was at sea otter and talked to the rep and he said that if you can basically slide the insert along the rim with it installed on the rim, then it's time for a new one.

I didn't know that. Been rocking the same set since 2019 that's been on 2 bikes now. They have a good amount of small slices in them from hard hits and etc, but still seem to hold up fine so idk how much I buy that?
I can see if they were super loose and flop around on the rim that you should get a new set, but mine are still pretty taught on the rim after all this time

Although I did remove them and went to tannus inserts for the sake of weight savings. the CC are definitely heavier.

Took a while to get used to the ride of them too. Lots more sidewall support so you can't really fold over the tire hard in corners like you can without inserts

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005525
Mobile Version of Website