Sram universal mech hanger?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Sram universal mech hanger?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 11:49 Quote
Is it as simple as the title suggests?
Will this mech hanger fit any bike set up?
Can't find much info on line,will one of these fit my 3 bikes,or am I missing something,surely this would make all of the other bike/brand specific hangers obsolete?

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
Will only fit frames that it has been designed to work with.

If your bike doesn’t have one fitted now, it won’t fit.

You’ll find loads of bikes from 2021 onwards will have been designed to use it.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 21:43 Quote
dhrideruk wrote:
Will only fit frames that it has been designed to work with.

If your bike doesn’t have one fitted now, it won’t fit.

You’ll find loads of bikes from 2021 onwards will have been designed to use it.
thanks,so it's not universal then?It looks like bikes are being designed to use the mech hanger,not the hanger designed to fit "all" bikes,Thought it was too good to be true.,cheers for the clarification

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 1:18 Quote
No, not truly "universal", but it's a shorter name than "the first and only unlicensed hanger that's intended to be used across multiple brands". Wink

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 7:46 Quote
If the big brands adopt it, it’ll be amazing in 5yrs time when you need a new hanger and just have one choice - this one. It means you could get it from any decent bike shop potentially.

It does away with every manufacturer having a different hanger on every model of frame.

I’m all for it!

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 8:10 Quote
dhrideruk wrote:
If the big brands adopt it, it’ll be amazing in 5yrs time when you need a new hanger and just have one choice - this one. It means you could get it from any decent bike shop potentially.

It does away with every manufacturer having a different hanger on every model of frame.

I’m all for it!

Until SRAM "improve" it in 2 years' time :/

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 15:15 Quote
dhrideruk wrote:

I’m all for it!

Absolutely. It even has some interesting features, such as the ability to rotate backwards to reduce the chance of damage when hit hard.

Another benefit, especially for small builders, is one fewer part to design and manufacture. Fasteners, frame protection, cable guides, and other small parts are such a hassle!

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004906
Mobile Version of Website