Should I be worried owning a 27.5 bike

PB Forum :: Downhill
Should I be worried owning a 27.5 bike
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 12:00 Quote
I recently bought a 27.5 bike now there is all the hype over 29ers do you guys think company’s will stop making 27.5 products wheels forks etc
Cheers
Will

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
Not anytime soon dont worry youre fine. We still need the option to have smaller wheels and there still is a big market and money to make with 27.5in.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 15:06 Quote
Willybennett171 wrote:
I recently bought a 27.5 bike now there is all the hype over 29ers do you guys think company’s will stop making 27.5 products wheels forks etc
Cheers
Will
No, absolutely not. They won´t go away.
People said this for 26" and you can still easily buy all parts for those bikes.
29 will never be an option for all riders as they are simply limited due to size, be it because of body types or different riding applications.
27.5 is here to stay and even if the industry would try to kill them off, which they won´t, you´d still easily get components for at least another 10 years easily.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 19:39 Quote
Willybennett171 wrote:
Cheers
Will

Don't you worry. I still riding a 26 rig and fully upgraded mine 3 weeks ago.
Finally Project CGP is finished. The custom painted frame powder coated shock goes very well with my handle bar pedals rims. Love it. Looks like a totally brand new bike. Special thanks to Kenny for building my bike up my wife that supported me as well. Scottbikes lovescottbikes paintextreme custompaintjob custommtb downhillbike spankbikes bike24 shimano downhill gmbn vitalmtb pinkbike

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 23:54 Quote
Willybennett171 wrote:
Cheers
Will
You should be very worried, 27.5 is out of hype, you must buy 29er immidately.

However i am a "collector" and will happily save you from your "obsolete" bike -hell i will even give you some money for it Big Grin

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 9:45 Quote
Willybennett171 wrote:
Cheers
Will

Honestly, Yes. Be worried. From a historical perspective, 650b / 27.5 is BY FAR the least popular wheel size. 26" has a massive installed base of mountain bikes. 29" is 700c which is road bikes, hybrids, etc.

If the bike industry can drop new production of 26" bikes and high end parts, they can drop 27.5" even easier.

I hope the entire industry collapses and they all end up homeless, then get cancer.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 10:46 Quote
I feel like this question gets asked every 2 weeks.

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 6:20 Quote
"I feel like this question gets asked every 2 weeks. "

I'm sure it does, too many folk concerning themselves with these trends,
goes along with, I cannot decide what bike, or look at my bike threads.

Worry about your bike getting nicked and keep it safe,
if you think you should commit any thinking on worrying whether a wheel size is likely
to vanish, your not enjoying your riding enough. : )

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
Thanks for the responses dudes

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006154
Mobile Version of Website