Usa mtb bike trail ????

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 18:34 Quote
Whats up everybuddy !!!
I'm going on a van trip in the usa in 2 weeks for 4 months or more . I'm leaving from quebec going
through New York north carolina and south, down to florida after Arizona- california-utha .
So i'm looking for the gnarliest trail out there so please give me your fravorites ones and if you are down to show me those crazy trails lets do it !!!
And i'm open for any other great trails or experiences you lived mtb in the usa so please give me anything you got
!!!

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 3:16 Quote
When you get to FL you MUST head to Santos/Vortex......give us a shout when you are near.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 13:09 Quote
Pisgah in North Carolina and Bentonville Arkansas are definitely two to hit.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 14:47 Quote
reverend27 wrote:

I'm not from the states, but from all the videos I've seen Bentonville would be one place I would want to go

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 5:52 Quote
Pisgah and Dupont State Forest are definitely worth hitting. Bentonville could be too if you are into jump lines.

Pisgah is a lot of fire road up and then gnar, roots, and rocks down. Fantastic riding, probably the best enduro type of riding on the East coast. If miles of rocks, roots, and drops is your idea of fun then you will be in heaven. I'd check out Black Mountain, Bennet Gap, and Farlow's Gap if you really want the gnar experience.

Dupont is a little more XCish but is still a fantastic trail system. Definitely study your route or find a local because it is quite big and confusing if you haven't ridden it before.

Bentonville is lacking elevation, but the trails there are incredibly well done. Plenty of Jump Lines and features ranging from small tables to death defying road gaps. It is surprisingly safe and easy to ride since the trails are so fantastically and professionally built.

If you're headed through the NC/TN area I would recommend hitting up Beach Mountain or Windrock if you want to do a bit of park. I loved Beach the few times I went, and have heard great things about Windrock.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 6:03 Quote
RoadStain wrote:
When you get to FL you MUST head to Santos/Vortex......give us a shout when you are near.
Absolutely check out Vortex and the surrounding area. Also check out Alafia, Grapefruit trails, Graham Swamp, and Crooms/Drunken Monkey!

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:20 Quote
If you'll be in Utah to ride, hit up Moab and ride The Whole Enchilada. There is nothing on that trail which is terribly sketchy or gnarly by "enduro" standards, but the whole ride is a 30-mile epic. The best views I've ever had and probably the #1 MTB ride in the country.

EDIT: Oooops, I didn't see that you're doing this soon. The Whole Enchilada likely won't be open until June/July due to snow, but the rest of the riding in Moab is similarly epic. You can actually start riding TWE at lower altitudes in spring from what I understand.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:26 Quote
IN CA, you should go to these towns for riding: Marin, Downieville,Santa Cruz.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 17:55 Quote
RoadStain wrote:
Hey thanks looks like cool place lost of big drops and jumps can't wait !!!
I will give you shout when i get there ????

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 17:57 Quote
reverend27 wrote:
Thanks pisgah looks like a place i would like bentonville looks more like a flowy place will see for that one !

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 20:22 Quote
Oakridge Oregon and Mt. Bachelor are 2 of our states gems! If you havn't hit bachelor then you've been depriving yourself my friend.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 10:25 Quote
Check out Fire Mtn in Cherokee, NC. Well worth the climb up for the long decents. You can easily string together a couple places in one day up there if you conserve your energy some.

Warrior Creek at Kerr Scott dam is also good, and you can hit Dark Mtn while there.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 13:17 Quote
If you are in Arkansas and want shuttled DH trails, check out Lake Leatherwood and Ponca. Both within 1hr of Bentonville.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004984
Mobile Version of Website