2020 Fuelex 9.7 -fork options, suspension, lower stem

PB Forum :: Trek
2020 Fuelex 9.7 -fork options, suspension, lower stem
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 22:05 Quote
What’s up y’all. Love my 2020 fuelex size large. I guess this is a”should I get a bigger travel bike” thread. The thing rips UPHILL, DOWNHILL, and feels extremely responsive(to me) as if it’s sometimes a hard tail. Has anyone added a 150mm fork to the 9.7 or upgraded the (9.8,9.9) 36 from 140 to 150mm? I’m looking for a little more travel out of my fox rhythm 34... I’m pretty sure I can’t make it 150mm? Rear suspension: I’m around 185 and might add a a volume spacer to the rear shock... I’ve heard 1 might help out in the back. ???? I only bottom out on really fast decent drops and never plan on doing drops over 4ft... is it possibly to overinflate the rear shock?

Also has anyone ditched their 2020 fuelex and went with a remedy or slash? Or Hightower or?

Also, what’s your preference for a lower run stock stem location? Better handling? Lower to fit your reach/height? I’m gonna test mine at lower heights soon! Thanks for stopping by, hope that all made sense. haha, cheers!

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 13:19 Quote
goride365 wrote:
What’s up y’all. Love my 2020 fuelex size large. I guess this is a”should I get a bigger travel bike” thread. The thing rips UPHILL, DOWNHILL, and feels extremely responsive(to me) as if it’s sometimes a hard tail. Has anyone added a 150mm fork to the 9.7 or upgraded the (9.8,9.9) 36 from 140 to 150mm? I’m looking for a little more travel out of my fox rhythm 34... I’m pretty sure I can’t make it 150mm? Rear suspension: I’m around 185 and might add a a volume spacer to the rear shock... I’ve heard 1 might help out in the back. ???? I only bottom out on really fast decent drops and never plan on doing drops over 4ft... is it possibly to overinflate the rear shock?

Also has anyone ditched their 2020 fuelex and went with a remedy or slash? Or Hightower or?

Also, what’s your preference for a lower run stock stem location? Better handling? Lower to fit your reach/height? I’m gonna test mine at lower heights soon! Thanks for stopping by, hope that all made sense. haha, cheers!

Moving up to 150mm on your Fuel EX is an option you could certainly consider if you're looking to get more travel out of the bike, but if you are just looking for more stability on the down trails, try flipping that Mino Link - it'll turn your bike into another animal.

Also, if you are bottoming out your rear shock, double-check your SAG to make sure you have it where you want it. There is a max air pressure for shocks, so you don't want to overdue it. Adding a volume spacer can help if your SAG is dialed in though.

-Mitch

Posted: Mar 8, 2020 at 15:26 Quote
goride365 wrote:

Adding a longer travel fork and slightly longer travel rear shock has been the best upgrade I have done. I fitted a cane creek helm up front and set the travel at 160mm. The rear I got a slightly longer stroke 210x55 and the bike rips. Head angle is quite a bit slacker as well. Also try running a slightly wider tire up front..I run a 2.6 up front and a 2.4 rear.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004612
Mobile Version of Website