INJURIES

Previous Page |
Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
whats your worst injury from riding?.. just got my ankle sprained from a nose 180 on flat! i know its lame Big Grin

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 18:46 Quote

Either this one (femur snapped in 2 places) or fracturing 3 vertebrae. Not much in it really. lol

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 18:51 Quote
metaam wrote:

Either this one (femur snapped in 2 places) or fracturing 3 vertebrae. Not much in it really. lol
aw thats awful how did it happen?

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 18:56 Quote
Did it back in 2006. Riding round a tight switchback on my old xc bike (steep head angle), lost the front wheel on some marbles, front wheel tucked under and threw me down on a rock. Leg snapped either side of the rock. I was doing all of 10-15kph at the time.
I've since had most of the metal removed, just 3 screws and the snapped off drill bit ( at right angles to 6th screw down) still in there.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 22:43 Quote
Broken arm on the most innocuous gap in the world. Cased, super manned, knocked myself out a little bit. Could have been worse had I not been wearing full face. I have a video on youtube.

In other news I got hit by a car in Taiwan which messed me up pretty bad and my knee will probably always be a bit dodgy but can't really grumble too much about that.

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 3:28 Quote
[Quote="stoo61"]Broken arm on the most innocuous gap in the world. Cased, super manned, knocked myself out a little bit. Could have been worse had I not been wearing full face. I have a video on youtube.

In other news I got hit by a car in Taiwan which messed me up pretty bad and my knee will probably always be a bit dodgy but can't really grumble too much about that.[/Quote
sorry to hear that ....do you want to post the video link ?

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 4:38 Quote
[Quote="christospelo"]
stoo61 wrote:
Broken arm on the most innocuous gap in the world. Cased, super manned, knocked myself out a little bit. Could have been worse had I not been wearing full face. I have a video on youtube.

In other news I got hit by a car in Taiwan which messed me up pretty bad and my knee will probably always be a bit dodgy but can't really grumble too much about that.[/Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI2fP5tBheI

Ach why not

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 5:25 Quote
[Quote="stoo61"]
christospelo wrote:
stoo61 wrote:

Ach why not
WOW perfect example that you can get hurt even from something that looks easy

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 11:34 Quote
[Quote="christospelo"]
stoo61 wrote:
christospelo wrote:

Ach why not
WOW perfect example that you can get hurt even from something that looks easy

Haha I was pretty unconfident back then, you can hear me pull the brakes against my own will.

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 8:08 Quote
Are we talking physical, or to my pride...

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 12:10 Quote
jmaruschock713 wrote:
hahaha both i guess...

Posted: Mar 10, 2020 at 14:34 Quote
christospelo wrote:
jmaruschock713 wrote:
hahaha both i guess...

I know hindsight is 20/20... but, I hope you set your shock rebound up a little slower on your current bikes Smile . Probably still would fall in that case, but but would not have sent you to the stratosphere.

Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 7:46 Quote
Did a huck back in the days.
Everything was a okay until landing time.
Was riding in filthy slop.
Foot slipped the pedal.
I ended up slamming my nads into my Giro Atlas saddle so hard I broke the rails. And then rode my top tube, one stone each side. Slammed em both into my stem, by then my rear wheel was up in the air and I lost it.
After that everything went black.
I came to wrapped around a big effin tree.
First thing i did was starting to spit out mulch and pine needles. Second and third move was to wiggle my fingers, then my toes. Movement, so far so good.
So I stood up. Surprisingly okay so far.
Then came time to cjeck on my ride.
It was wedged about 5 feet up stuck to the tree.
I had to use all my strength to pull it loose.
Saw my saddle rails had snapped, my brake lever was bent. Other than that it was okay.
So I started to bend and zip tie my saddle in place. And used a big stick to beat my HOPE C2 master cylinder straight.
Got back on the bike. Pedaled off and then sat down on my saddle. Big mistake.
It felt like someone kicked me in the nuts.
So i stopped and went behind a tree and dropped trousers. My "equipment " was swollen and was beginning to bruise up, real bad. I mean real effin bad.
I bailed and went home.
Over the course of a few hpurs my junk began to take the colour of dark blue/purple/reddish.
I couldn't sit properly for two weeks.

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
Blue balls for real

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 17:45 Quote
Meeners wrote:
Blue balls for real

Yep. That actually ended up being my nickname.
BlÄballe in Norwegian.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006041
Mobile Version of Website