Virginia riders....anyone??

PB Forum :: USA - East
Virginia riders....anyone??
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 11:35 Quote
Hey all! im new to pink and wanted to introduce myself. i moved to the Richmond area from Nova and havent met alot of fellow fat tire riders, although there is a strong contingient of roadies around here. i ride a '97 cannondale sv700...i know she's old but she still rocks! (and rolls) hope to hear from some fellow Va riders soon!

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 21:47 Quote
Staunton, Va here. where the 64 and 81 meets.

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 22:26 Quote
I'm down in Warrenton a few times every year. there really isn't much riding for the FR/DH/DJ scene.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 23:31 Quote
born and rasied in Sperryville outside of warrenton, but got out of there long ago. not coming back anytime soon...

Posted: Apr 1, 2011 at 17:17 Quote
I know this thread is old but I am new here. I live in Richmond. I am old trail rider who only rode trials for the last 10 years and am now getting back into the trails.

Posted: Apr 25, 2011 at 15:47 Quote
likewise I'm new to PB but I'm from Culpeper va, currently attending GMU in Fairfax va. I do a bit of everything- BMX, DH, XC, and a bit of Uni trials.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 at 22:38 Quote
Not living in the area anymore I used to live right up the road from Hairy in Remington. To bad theres still not much of a riding scene down there.

FL
Posted: May 16, 2011 at 20:51 Quote
whats up guys, I'm from Chesapeake but attend UVA in Charlottesville. Isn't a big riding scene within the college but there are a ton of trails close by.

Posted: May 19, 2011 at 9:37 Quote
I live in Richmond, always looking for new people to ride with

Posted: May 24, 2011 at 3:48 Quote
Alright, I am planning on accepting a job right outside of Richmond. What type of dh/freeride trails are there in and around Richmond. Anyone wanna show me some spots when I arrive (which won't be until August)?

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 at 15:29 Quote
I just moved to Richmond VA from TN and really wanna get some dj trails goin somewhere in the area! Im not sure of any good spots to build yet. if anyone wants to get a spot goin let me know!

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 at 22:17 Quote
reppin Stafford County!

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 at 23:25 Quote
What's up dudes, I lived in good old Farmville VA about an hour west of Richmond for like a year and a half. Richmond has some decent spots, for a city. Check out Belle Isle, there are a bunch of pretty technical singletracks and some old industrial infrastructure thingies you can play round on. I reckon if you really wanted you could dig around there and nobody would care too much. Richmond has some decent urban assault spots. I forget the names of the other parks in town. Wintergreen resort in VA used to run the downhill lifts in the summer. Snowshoe WV isn't too far, and that's the A+ good shizz. There's a shuttle run near Harrisonburg that's pretty fun. That's all I know for VA. To be honest the riding scene really blows out there, but I guess it's what you make it, but I just said F it and moved back to California. Good luck brother!

Posted: Sep 23, 2011 at 12:18 Quote
Yes, im finding some awesome singletrack in the area. I've hit buttermilk and Pocahontas Park so far. Both are awesome. Im looking forward to exploring further west in charlottesville and harrisonburg.

I really wanna get some rhythm trails goin though out in the woods somewhere.

Posted: Oct 5, 2011 at 12:48 Quote
sunsets wrote:
Yes, im finding some awesome singletrack in the area. I've hit buttermilk and Pocahontas Park so far. Both are awesome. Im looking forward to exploring further west in charlottesville and harrisonburg.

I really wanna get some rhythm trails goin though out in the woods somewhere.

Make the drive down to Freedom Park in Williamsburg, VA. you won't regret it. About 20 miles of trails and only Freeride trail even close to the area.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.044452
Mobile Version of Website