Virginia riders....anyone??

PB Forum :: USA - East
Virginia riders....anyone??
O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2013 at 17:44 Quote
mtbtacolover wrote:
mtbpkdude wrote:
mtbtacolover wrote:

this was like 2 or 3 weeks ago at the trek demo. i dont remember seeing any konas that day
Ah never mind, we weren't there that day. Was the demo completely free (besides lift tickets and stuff) ?

it was completely free including lift ticket as long as you were registered. it was so busy though so i rode the remedy 29 once and rode my bike the rest of the day. my friend rented a slash so he payed a little but it wasnt too bad. he was sending the jump after the first ladder drop on car bomb? i think. at least sending it as much as you can on it haha, he might come in here sometime, he hasnt been on pb in a while
I think the drop on Car Bomb just goes into a turn, the drop on Copperhead sends you right into a step-up though. Said step-up is super fun to send like you were saying haha, did you not like the Remedy then?

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 28, 2013 at 17:49 Quote
mtbpkdude wrote:
mtbtacolover wrote:
mtbpkdude wrote:
Ah never mind, we weren't there that day. Was the demo completely free (besides lift tickets and stuff) ?

it was completely free including lift ticket as long as you were registered. it was so busy though so i rode the remedy 29 once and rode my bike the rest of the day. my friend rented a slash so he payed a little but it wasnt too bad. he was sending the jump after the first ladder drop on car bomb? i think. at least sending it as much as you can on it haha, he might come in here sometime, he hasnt been on pb in a while
I think the drop on Car Bomb just goes into a turn, the drop on Copperhead sends you right into a step-up though. Said step-up is super fun to send like you were saying haha, did you not like the Remedy then?

then it was copperhead i forgot the names haha

i rode the remedy on brew thru and it felt alright when i was riding it. then i rode my bike and was like, no haha. my bike felt way more playful. im a fan of 29er on the more technical trails like at massanutten but not for a bike park.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2013 at 17:54 Quote
mtbtacolover wrote:
mtbpkdude wrote:
mtbtacolover wrote:

i rode the remedy on brew thru and it felt alright when i was riding it. then i rode my bike and was like, no haha. my bike felt way more playful. im a fan of 29er on the more technical trails like at massanutten but not for a bike park.
Gotcha, that's pretty much what I've heard. Not sure if it's just me, but the final gap jump on Copperhead seemed like the transition was way too shallow, everybody else who I saw hit it cased it pretty badly.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 28, 2013 at 18:09 Quote
mtbpkdude wrote:
mtbtacolover wrote:
mtbpkdude wrote:

Gotcha, that's pretty much what I've heard. Not sure if it's just me, but the final gap jump on Copperhead seemed like the transition was way too shallow, everybody else who I saw hit it cased it pretty badly.

i actually didnt hit the last jump. my friend seemed to hit it fine...he also doesnt hit the brakes from that last hill before the creek jump so that might be why haha

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2013 at 18:12 Quote
mtbtacolover wrote:
mtbpkdude wrote:
mtbtacolover wrote:

i actually didnt hit the last jump. my friend seemed to hit it fine...he also doesnt hit the brakes from that last hill before the creek jump so that might be why haha
That's probably why, I braked a bit so I didn't overshoot the creek gap. I'll try no brakes next time I'm up there

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 28, 2013 at 18:15 Quote
mtbpkdude wrote:
That's probably why, I braked a bit so I didn't overshoot the creek gap. I'll try no brakes next time I'm up there

haha yeah i noticed the lower jumps need speed more than pumping, at least thats how i felt, brew thru you could definitely pedal a few at the top and the middle and be good with just pumping the rest

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2013 at 18:30 Quote
mtbtacolover wrote:
mtbpkdude wrote:

haha yeah i noticed the lower jumps need speed more than pumping, at least thats how i felt, brew thru you could definitely pedal a few at the top and the middle and be good with just pumping the rest
Oh yeah, you had put in a lot of pedal strokes at the bottom to clear the last two....kinda weird considering that they were pretty small.

Posted: Jul 30, 2013 at 16:39 Quote
mtbtacolover wrote:
mtbpkdude wrote:
mtbtacolover wrote:

hahaha dude copperhead was the best!!!! so dope!

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2013 at 19:14 Quote
payton4specialized wrote:
mtbtacolover wrote:
mtbpkdude wrote:

Either Copperhead or Brew Thru, the drop to step-up on Copperhead was so much fun though Big Grin The gap jumps at the end were sweet too.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 31, 2013 at 15:26 Quote
payton4specialized wrote:
mtbtacolover wrote:
mtbpkdude wrote:

haha i think my bike hates it...front wheel out of true, even squeakier bottom bracket and the freehub sounds weird haha

Posted: Aug 22, 2013 at 5:27 Quote
Here's a few clips from Bryce last weekend.

Views: 488    Faves: 0    Comments: 4

Posted: Oct 2, 2013 at 12:41 Quote
Great vid! Would you mind if we linked into it via our FB page?

Posted: Oct 2, 2013 at 17:03 Quote
We made it down there a couple weeks ago. Had a blast.
Really nice mellow riding and relatively close to home!
It is out in the sticks though. Eek

Posted: Oct 5, 2013 at 6:42 Quote
slope wrote:
We made it down there a couple weeks ago. Had a blast.
Really nice mellow riding and relatively close to home!
It is out in the sticks though. Eek

That we are!

Posted: Oct 11, 2013 at 10:27 Quote
Bryce..... I don't mind.... Sure post it.... Looking forward to the Bonanza in a couple weeks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.043696
Mobile Version of Website