Kauai HI - riding and rental recommendations

PB Forum :: USA - West
Kauai HI - riding and rental recommendations
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 5, 2020 at 10:10 Quote
Hey All,

I'm heading to Kauai at the end of March and will have a couple of free days to explore. I'd really like to do a mountain bike ride while I'm there. I see trailforks has one trail, but I have no knowledge of the area. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears! I will also need to find a spot, preferably near Kapaa where I'm staying, to rent a bike. Any suggestions from past experiences would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2020 at 20:23 Quote
About 5 years ago I rented bikes from Kapaa Cycle and rode from the shop down the bike path over to some old moto trails along the coast over to Anahole and back. It was interesting enough, not a lot of elevation change but there were some rolling hills. The guys in the shop pointed me there and I just explored. Bikes were decent FS 29ers, Not sure if any of this info is still useful now, haven't been there since. There's a very old book, "Mountain Biking the Hawaiian Islands" by John Alford that has several trails detailed, although who knows which are still in use. I regularly ride some he described on Oahu, but some are also gone/no longer used. Good luck

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2020 at 22:25 Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE7fXKKpTJs

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2020 at 22:56 Quote
The buoys and coastal trails in the Seth video are in the moto trail area.

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2020 at 7:34 Quote
I was told there is no restrictions on trails, but some of the trails are unridable.

Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 16:59 Quote
I was just in Kauai and did some hiking / trail running- but no riding. The trails were unbelievably muddy and I certainly wouldn't enjoy riding in that peanut butter slop.

jpiazza7 wrote:
Hey All,

I'm heading to Kauai at the end of March and will have a couple of free days to explore. I'd really like to do a mountain bike ride while I'm there. I see trailforks has one trail, but I have no knowledge of the area. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears! I will also need to find a spot, preferably near Kapaa where I'm staying, to rent a bike. Any suggestions from past experiences would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009121
Mobile Version of Website