What Size Bike for 6'1'' Guy?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What Size Bike for 6'1'' Guy?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 17:24 Quote
I fall in the awkward in-between area on size charts for bikes. My height specifications are below:

-Height: 6ft 1 in (about 186 cm)
-Inseam: about 33 inches (83 cm)
-My arms from one end to the other is slightly longer than my height (so I have long-ish arms)

I'm trying to focus more on specific geometry of bikes, like reach, when looking at them. So what size bike / what reach and other geometry specs would fit me best?

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 17:37 Quote
Generally a large, but look at the sizing guide for each manufacturer

Posted: Mar 10, 2020 at 16:21 Quote
You and I are about the same, except my inseam is more like 32". (I'm also 6'1".) Since I have long arms and torso, I've found that the Large size feels a tint bit cramped at times. I could definitely be OK with a little extra distance from the seat to the handlebars. I ride a Large Commencal Meta AM 4.2.
I'd say if you are looking at a bike with relatively short "reach" measurements, consider the XL.

Posted: Mar 10, 2020 at 22:01 Quote
Falcon991 wrote:
You and I are about the same, except my inseam is more like 32". (I'm also 6'1".) Since I have long arms and torso, I've found that the Large size feels a tint bit cramped at times. I could definitely be OK with a little extra distance from the seat to the handlebars. I ride a Large Commencal Meta AM 4.2.
I'd say if you are looking at a bike with relatively short "reach" measurements, consider the XL.

Funny enough I ride a large Commencal Meta AM 4.2 as well so I know exactly what you're saying. I think my next bike will have a reach around 470+mm because I feel a little cramped on the Commencal when it comes to gnarly downhill and fast riding.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008624
Mobile Version of Website