UK routes/courses

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
UK routes/courses
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 10, 2020 at 12:24 Quote
Just starting out doing Downhill riding and really really into it. I like close to the Peak District and willing to travel anywhere. Just wondering if anyone could recommend some good places to go or routes to take? Also what are the best places and sites for info and parts?

Cheers Everyone,
Ryan

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2020 at 2:37 Quote
Hi Ryan

Look on Facebook for the group called coggers

Posted: Mar 11, 2020 at 3:20 Quote
Bike Park Wales is still my favourite place to ride downhill. Check them out. This site is one of the best for parts, gear and info. Check out GMBN and GMBN TECH vids on YouTube for pretty much anything to do with mountain biking. They have a huge collection of tutorial vids for bike maintenance, skills and general info

Posted: Mar 11, 2020 at 23:10 Quote
Thank you! I will have a look for coggers right now. I will definitely check out Bike park Wales and the tutorials and shop. The vids should really help with getting started.

Posted: Mar 12, 2020 at 1:06 Quote
Forgot to say this sites buy and sell is great for used and sometimes new parts. For brand new some of the better online stores I use are chainreactioncycles, wiggle, tredz, leasurelakes, and a couple of European sites like bike-discount.de. It’s always worth a quick google to find reviews if a site is genuine or any good

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 11:37 Quote
Swinley Forest, Aston Hill, Chicksands, Rogate, BPW, Windhill, Forest of Dean. Some good riding out there once we are allowed to leave home. If you head out, send me a PM I'd likely join you.

FL
Posted: May 9, 2020 at 11:20 Quote
RyanNix wrote:
Just starting out doing Downhill riding and really really into it. I like close to the Peak District and willing to travel anywhere. Just wondering if anyone could recommend some good places to go or routes to take? Also what are the best places and sites for info and parts?

Cheers Everyone,
Ryan

You have a huge amount of riding right on your doorstep if you live in the Peaks, assuming you are happy to pedal and aren't specifically looking for somewhere with an uplift etc.

FL
Posted: May 9, 2020 at 11:20 Quote
RyanNix wrote:

Cheers Everyone,
Ryan

You have a huge amount of riding right on your doorstep if you live in the Peaks, assuming you are happy to pedal and aren't specifically looking for somewhere with an uplift etc.

FL
Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 15:22 Quote
Loads of cheeky DH tracks near to where you are mate. Best thing to find em is get Strava & do a segment explore on the following areas (move the gradient sliders to flat / downhill).

Goyt Valley near Buxton, find a road called the street on the map & search the woods on either side.
Win Hill next to ladybower Resevoir & Macclesfield Forest are both riddled with DH tracks.
A couple of good trails on Hobson’s moor, the big hill behind Active Copley leisure centre in Stalybridge too.

As far as official pay to play places go, you’ve got Farmer John’s in Marple & Havoc bike park near Todmorden. Both have Facebook pages / websites.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014349
Mobile Version of Website