Yeti SB130 LR blowing through travel?

PB Forum :: Yeti
Yeti SB130 LR blowing through travel?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 12, 2020 at 8:12 Quote
I just got back from parking lot testing a SB130 LR - at the recommended sag, it was really blowing through the travel it seems. I found a 1.5'-2' drop to flat to hit, and this was using all but about 3mm of the shock stroke (according to the o-ring)

we pumped up the shock a good bit more and upped the compression damping on the dpx2 - this helped a bit, but it was still getting deeper into the travel than I expected - probably 10mm of stroke left.

Is the last tiny bit of travel so progressive I shouldn't worry about this? I believe the shock comes with no volume spacers installed, so adding some might be an easy fix. How many spacers in a dpx2 are people liking on these?

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2020 at 18:12 Quote
When you are setting your sag on the rear shock, are you sitting with your weight directly over your cranks or are you leaning forward in a more attack riding position? It will make a difference. Also using most of your travel is fine, now if you were to actually feel the bottom out on drops that small then you would want to adjust your air pressure, keeping in mind that drops to flat will blow through more travel than landing on a nice transition.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 20:29 Quote
milesofpain wrote:
I just got back from parking lot testing a SB130 LR - at the recommended sag, it was really blowing through the travel it seems. I found a 1.5'-2' drop to flat to hit, and this was using all but about 3mm of the shock stroke (according to the o-ring)

we pumped up the shock a good bit more and upped the compression damping on the dpx2 - this helped a bit, but it was still getting deeper into the travel than I expected - probably 10mm of stroke left.

Is the last tiny bit of travel so progressive I shouldn't worry about this? I believe the shock comes with no volume spacers installed, so adding some might be an easy fix. How many spacers in a dpx2 are people liking on these?

You mean hwo big, not how many. If you buy the DPX2 kit, you can experiment with a bunch, although you'll probably need just one or 2.

I have the 0.2 in3 in mine and rode it a few times and appreciated the extra progression and support but I still need to fiddle with my settings a bunch. In the stock SB130 shock, I added the 0.4 in3 spacer but haven't ridden it (nor plan to unless I need a back up).

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=fox+dpx2+spacer+kit&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009318
Mobile Version of Website