Bronson V3 Cascade Link: Reviews with air

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Bronson V3 Cascade Link: Reviews with air
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2020 at 9:14 Quote
Just bought a 2019 Bronson3 Large CC X01, i was on the fence between it and a longer travel bike, but 90% of my riding doesn't need 170mm+ The being said Id like to know more about the cascade components LT link. I honestly had no issues with the rear end feel from the stock SD RCT when I demoed it(didn't ever feel like harsh bottom out or harsh over chatter etc), but the extra travel, with slightly longer ChainStays, could motivate me to buy one for Park days and more gnar-like rides. Or just leave it in if its really just an all around upgrade, allowing me to ride lower pressure, retain similar sag and resist bottoming more! Anyone give me a review on the LT link with SD RCT? I like the feel of coil but at my weight, and the more linear feel of the suspension design, Id probably stick with air, possibly add MegNeg, if thought it would be beneficial. Coil just wouldn't make sense for me to own for the few times its optimal for my use.

Thanks for your reviews in advance!

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2020 at 6:30 Quote
The stock Linkage of the Bronson is really good and I didn't think i could get better until I tried the Cascade Link. Most notable for me was the small bump compliance but it was also noticabe with more bottom out support and the midstroke felt better. it just felt better in every aspect. only downside is the price and the lost warranty from SC. But if that doesn't bother you then go for it.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2020 at 20:44 Quote
nickhugentobler wrote:
The stock Linkage of the Bronson is really good and I didn't think i could get better until I tried the Cascade Link. Most notable for me was the small bump compliance but it was also noticabe with more bottom out support and the midstroke felt better. it just felt better in every aspect. only downside is the price and the lost warranty from SC. But if that doesn't bother you then go for it.

Are you running the proper air psi recommendation for the super deluxe rCT that SC Recomends
For your weight, or were you able to drop it somewhat with the LT link, because of the extra travel and better progressivity of the suspension function?

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2020 at 1:45 Quote
KNBikes wrote:
nickhugentobler wrote:

Are you running the proper air psi recommendation for the super deluxe rCT that SC Recomends
For your weight, or were you able to drop it somewhat with the LT link, because of the extra travel and better progressivity of the suspension function?

I like my suspension a bit firmer than what SC recommends. I was able to drop a few PSI but even with the same pressure it felt more sensitiv.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 5:06 Quote
I have one with the megneg air can and i must say i love it!!!!

Pedal strikes are a little more common on technical climbs but with a little care this can be easily avoided.

With the link installed i am no longer blowing through my travel and it feels like the rear wheel tracks alot better to the ground.

I have just spent 10 days in Tasmania running this set up with no problems.

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 10:35 Quote
nickhugentobler wrote:
only downside is the price and the lost warranty from SC. But if that doesn't bother you then go for it.

How come it voids your warranty? Would they know you've been running one ?

Posted: Jul 20, 2020 at 21:44 Quote
CamFair wrote:
nickhugentobler wrote:
only downside is the price and the lost warranty from SC. But if that doesn't bother you then go for it.

How come it voids your warranty? Would they know you've been running one ?

Not unless you told them which would be a pretty silly thing to do

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 6:27 Quote
Any more reviews on this? I love the idea that the rear wheel has more traction for tech climbs and small bump compliance. I don't necessarily need the extra 10mm of travel, but doesn't hurt to have a 160/160 vs 160/150 if it doesn't hamper the trail performance or pedalling efficiency. That is my big concern.

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 23:27 Quote
[Quote="pommiebomber"]I have one with the megneg air can and i must say i love it!!!!

Pedal strikes are a little more common on technical climbs but with a little care this can be easily avoided.

With the link installed i am no longer blowing through my travel and it feels like the rear wheel tracks alot better to the ground.

I have just spent 10 days in Tasmania running this set up

Before the Megneg fitted

from the stock three volume spacers how many did you remove ?

Cheers

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2021 at 10:25 Quote
pommiebomber wrote:
I have one with the megneg air can and i must say i love it!!!!

I have just spent 10 days in Tasmania running this set up with no problems.

Pedal strikes is also my concern... I love short techy climbs and don't want to do anything that hurts this... One of my only problems with the techy climbs is I find sometimes I lose traction easier than other bikes, which is what made me like this mod even more than just the downhill benefits.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031438
Mobile Version of Website