2019 Thunderbolt A10 Seatstay Swap

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2019 Thunderbolt A10 Seatstay Swap
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 22:49 Quote
Hey all,

I've done some searching, but couldn't find any info.

I recently got a new 2019 Thunderbolt with the intention of building it up with some components I have. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying enough attention and didn't realize the A10 Thunderbolt has a QR rear axle unlike all the other models. As far as I can tell, the whole seatstay assembly would have to get swapped for the through axle if I wanted to run the wheels I have.

Has anybody been able to source a through axle seatstay for a gen 3 Thunderbolt? Would mean a lot!

Thanks

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 8:53 Quote
Put an ad in the buy and sell, check ebay if you're looking for used. It'd be a long shot but you might find something (that's probably the wrong colour) out there.

However, Rocky dealers can order parts like this colour matched to your frame directly from Rocky. There's a bit of a lead time as they need to paint them up but it is possible. If I recall correctly though it was pretty pricey to get both chainstay and seatstay for the instinct, I'd imagine the thunderbolt is the same.

Perhaps it would be better to find a used a30 or a50 and frame swap, and sell the a10 with all the bits you don't want? might end up being less of a loss.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004638
Mobile Version of Website