Slash 8 21.5 maximum dropper insertion

PB Forum :: Trek
Slash 8 21.5 maximum dropper insertion
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 19, 2020 at 1:59 Quote
Hi all,

Anyone experienced with running a >180mm dropper on a 21.5 frame? Currently running a OneUp 180 which as a 267mm insertion depth, but about 2-3 cm of the post are above the collar. Wanting to run a 210mm dropper to avoid getting the allen key out for dropping the entire post for DH days.
(that's fine for trail riding, as I am on the ideal pedalling height).
According to my measurements, a OneUp 210 will just about fit, but it's not something I can really try.
So if anyone has gone for the slammed long dropper route, hit me!

Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 11:44 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone experienced with running a >180mm dropper on a 21.5 frame? Currently running a OneUp 180 which as a 267mm insertion depth, but about 2-3 cm of the post are above the collar. Wanting to run a 210mm dropper to avoid getting the allen key out for dropping the entire post for DH days.
According to my measurements, a OneUp 210 will just about fit, but it's not something I can really try.

Current Slash (2017-2020) has a max insertion of 285mm.

-Mitch

Posted: Mar 24, 2020 at 1:50 Quote
trek wrote:
chrysanthos wrote:
Hi all,

-Mitch

Thanks Mitch!

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 4:48 Quote
update. The oneup 210 v2 is fully inserted, and now I have the much needed drop!

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 10:32 Quote
trek wrote:
chrysanthos wrote:
Hi all,

-Mitch

Hey Mitch, can you tell me what the max insertion is for the 18.5 (M/L) Trek Slash 8 frame?

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 12:11 Quote
wowbagger wrote:
trek wrote:
chrysanthos wrote:
Hi all,

-Mitch

Hey Mitch, can you tell me what the max insertion is for the 18.5 (M/L) Trek Slash 8 frame?

You would have the same insertion length!

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 12:37 Quote
trek wrote:
wowbagger wrote:
trek wrote:

-Mitch

That's good news, cheers!

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 3:27 Quote
trek wrote:
wowbagger wrote:
trek wrote:

-Mitch

Hey Mitch, sorry to ask the same thing again but after talking to my LBS I'm a little confused: they said that I wouldn't be able to slam a 150 dropper right in.
That however would be essential for me as I have a ~80cm inseam and a 125mm dropper just doesn't cut it.
According to your info about insertion it should actually work. Does it just not work with a 150 Bontrager dropper or does it not work with other droppers either? I'm thinking of a Oneup, as that has less stack height..

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 8:18 Quote
wowbagger wrote:
trek wrote:
wowbagger wrote:

Hey Mitch, sorry to ask the same thing again but after talking to my LBS I'm a little confused: they said that I wouldn't be able to slam a 150 dropper right in.
That however would be essential for me as I have a ~80cm inseam and a 125mm dropper just doesn't cut it.
According to your info about insertion it should actually work. Does it just not work with a 150 Bontrager dropper or does it not work with other droppers either? I'm thinking of a Oneup, as that has less stack height..

You should be able to run a 150 dropper in the frame, however, you may not have the collar lined up to the seatpost collar (which is just visual and has no fit/performance benefit). As your dropper does get lower in the frame, the cable and housing could get jammed up. So your shop may want to check on that when installing it.

-Mitch

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 11:09 Quote
i was able to run a pnw 170 dropper no problem in my 2019 trek slash 8 large.

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 10:40 Quote
thx everyone for helping - unfortunately, i couldn't make any 150 dropper work with my damned short legs :/ had to look elsewhere for a bike.

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 11:06 Quote
Hello,

I want to slam my dropper to the seat post on my carbon slash 2017 size m 17.5 inch frame I have brought the one up 150 mm dropper but still to big. If anyone could give me suggestions on which dropper will fit all the way to the seat post or around that could you let me know thanks.

-Charlie

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 11:20 Quote
trek wrote:
wowbagger wrote:
trek wrote:

You should be able to run a 150 dropper in the frame, however, you may not have the collar lined up to the seatpost collar (which is just visual and has no fit/performance benefit). As your dropper does get lower in the frame, the cable and housing could get jammed up. So your shop may want to check on that when installing it.

-Mitch

Hello,

I want to slam my dropper to the seat post on my carbon slash 2017 size m 17.5 inch frame I have brought the one up 150 mm dropper but still to big. If anyone could give me suggestions on which dropper will fit all the way to the seat post or around that could you let me know thanks.

-Charlie

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 15:59 Quote
charlie0123 wrote:
trek wrote:
wowbagger wrote:

-Mitch

Hello,

-Charlie

If the travel is too much, check to see if you can install travel reducers in your dropper. Otherwise, go to the next size down.

-Mitch

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005793
Mobile Version of Website