Shock issue Stumpjumper ST 29 Comp Carbon 2019

PB Forum :: Specialized
Shock issue Stumpjumper ST 29 Comp Carbon 2019
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 24, 2020 at 1:08 Quote
Hi!

Finally I'm a new proud owner of a Stumpjumper ST 29 Comp Carbon 2019 and cant wait to get out on the trails.

However, I have found a small play in the front shock mount that results in a "knocking" sound if I put my hand on the rear wheel and move it from side to side. It's also noticeable if I push the shock itself in the same direction.

I have a video of this:

I have searched the web back and forth, but haven't found any other threads discussing this behaviour.

I did find some info in the shock manual at Ridefox website, "All shock mounting hardware will have some inherent level of axial float which is required to achieve smooth performance"
https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=940

Although, it's unclear to me at this point how much float I will have to expect from this design.
The last thing I want is to end up with a knocking sound that will drive me insane while riding. A silent bike is one of my top priorities Smile

I checked the mounting bolt and it's torqued according to specifications, and I have sent a question to both Fox and Specialized but none of them gave me a reply.

Lastly, I made a visit to my local bike shop and both comp carbon bikes that they had in stock had the same "issue", but they didn't have any information whether this is normal or not.

Do anyone know anything more about this?

Sorry if my english isn't perfect. It's not my native language as I live in Sweden.

Thanks, and best regards, Joel

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004918
Mobile Version of Website