Rear Lights for YETI bikes.

PB Forum :: Yeti
Rear Lights for YETI bikes.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 2:36 Quote
Dear YETI riders, how do you go about sorting out a rear light for your respective rides?

My dropper post is pretty much slammed, so I can't mount a rear light on any portion of the outer sleeve that's not residing within the seat tube.
The seat tube is obscured by the rear wheel and tire - and as such, the visibility of any light mounted there may be compromised?
Last but not least, the seat stays are so slack that mounting said light on them would mean the light is pointed almost to the heavens.

How do you guys work around this? Please do share your solutions and any clever ideas you may have come up with.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 3:17 Quote
a rear light is just to help you be seen. even if the light isn't pointing directly rearward, its still going to provide illumination. On my commuter bike I actually use a white headlight, pointed town my seat tube (as the rack/ fender/ pannier would obscure a traditional tail light). It provides great illumination and helps vehicle see me at night.

but for your application you could probably mount it to a chain/seat stay or even reward facing on the fork.

That said,in the last week I have been riding to work, the streets are apocalypticly empty... so I don't even bother with the light right now.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 6:42 Quote
Moon do a saddle rail mount for their lights.

Failing that, get one that mounts to you/a pack/your helmet.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005209
Mobile Version of Website