Do people like wearing gloves while biking or not?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Do people like wearing gloves while biking or not?
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 16:30 Quote
I only wear gloves when its really hot or really cold. I dont really like wearing them.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 16:32 Quote
I use gloves sometimes, but most of the time not. DH i always do, but the rest of the time i'm to lazy to look for 'em. And about the glove tan, last summer i got a "bike" tan. Past my second knuckle, (the part that's under the bar), was white and the rest of my hand was tanned

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 16:32 Quote
i wear them. falling without gloves sucks so much id rather not risk it. and they can be pretty comfortable

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 16:33 Quote
I was personally really let down by the feel of most bike gloves, so I got some really thin Ski pipe gloves. They have a very grippy latex palm/fingers/everything else inside your hand, so grip isn't an issue in the slightest. They're also not that warm at all, about the same as bike gloves. Look better, too.

Look up Grenade gloves. Really mint company.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 16:35 Quote
I always wear gloves. I rarely fall (not bragging at all) so that's not the reason, just feel more comfy with the gloves.

Edit: I only use Thor AC motocross gloves.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
i dont know how you all do it. i absolutly HATE riding with gloves and i have used some prety nice ones in the past. i just dont feel conected to the bike at all. even when i am doing somthing like freeride, when there is a good chance i will bash my nuckles, i just wont wear them. i honestly feel that i am a much safer rider without them.

thats just me though, all my freinds wear them.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 14:38 Quote
ya my hands always slip whith no gloves

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 14:43 Quote
drew44 wrote:
konakid22 wrote:
my hands always sweat. so i always where gloves.

lol, i just clicked on here to say the same

haha me too. also there's nothing worse than falling/riding into a bush and ending up with thorns up your fingernails.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 14:44 Quote
ive never worn gloves and dont think i ever will. i find they dont let you feel the true comfort of the actual grip, if your wearing gloves you might as well be holding on to a bald layer of rubber around the bar imo. wearing gloves with really soft grips is kinda pointless i think, unless your riding dh or fr.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
Urban-no gloves
DH/FR-Gloves

simple as that.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 14:47 Quote
My hands get super sore after a steet sesh without gloves. And I shred my grips to pieces if I dont wear gloves hahaha.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 14:51 Quote
gloves on every ride. I dont even notice im wearing them.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 15:44 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
gloves on every ride. I dont even notice im wearing them.
what he said. i just get used to them, and i feel weird riding without them. my gloves have literally saved the skin on my hands on multiple occasions.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 18:45 Quote
What I do is ride as long as I can without my gloves and when my hands start to sweat i just put on my gloves and I'm good to go.Big Grin

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
I don't wear gloves. My mom wants me to because she thinks i am going to bail and roadrash my hands. If i do it's my own fault. Never did when i raced BMX either.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015004
Mobile Version of Website