Do people like wearing gloves while biking or not?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Do people like wearing gloves while biking or not?
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
gloves for sure!!! weather ridin a skinny, dj, street...ect... so evryone wrecks... bottom line... you crash you might not smack your hand but when you do because you will... wearing gloves will be sweet!!! ever get road rash??? it sucks on the paw for sure!!!

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
they're just like condoms
don't want to wear them, but you better, just to be safe
always use protection kids Wink

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
gloves on every ride. I dont even notice im wearing them.

It got to the point where it actually feels weird when I'm not wearing them...

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 20:05 Quote
I always wear gloves..I don't even think about I just put them on.

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 20:10 Quote
I always wear gloves, evem when riding around town.
I have about 5 pairs that fit me.

I remember when I was younger getting half glove tan (from half finger gloves).

EDIT: so far my favorite gloves are deffinatly Sombrio. It seems that who ever tests their gloves has the exact same size hands as me....

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 20:19 Quote
i agree that the feel is better without gloves, but when it gets sweaty, gloves give you more lasting grip.

i hate my glove tan though... so whenever i'm just purely riding to and from places, i don't wear gloves to compensate.

but mainly, i wear gloves to save my precious handskin... hands are used for everything from peeing, to eating, to brushing your teeth... it's hella annoying when your hands are stinging/cut/rashed up.

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 7:21 Quote
Does anybody have any suggestions for gloves of stellar quality or fit? What's everybody riding with?

For my everyday stuff, I ride with a cheap pair of Fox gloves, don't know what model though. And for my DH, like Whistler riding, I use a pair of the 661 Cedrics with the knuckle gaurd. They are great for tree branches and shit, but I think I might upgrade to the Dakine Defenders.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 7:48 Quote
i just use some fox ones and use them for every thing... even when im building shit i wear them.

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 7:50 Quote
johannkuschke wrote:
gloves are comfortable, warm on cold days, grippy, and stylish lol plus u get a badass glove tan(we all know that chicks dig the glove tan).... gloves are the way to goNinja Pimp
lol ya i get that so bad...and wen i didnt have gloves my hands were tanded but my fingers wernt from being under the barslol

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 8:08 Quote
i hate gloves.....when your work with your hands all day you really dont need them

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 8:08 Quote
i love gloves

they really help for 360

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 8:09 Quote
i used to always wear some but not anymore. I only wear mine when im gunna be riding hard and falling alot and stuff. the man reason i wear em is because otherwise i sweat and my hands slip too much on my grips.

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 8:09 Quote
konaman24 wrote:
i used to always wear some but not anymore. I only wear mine when im gunna be riding hard and falling alot and stuff. the man reason i wear em is because otherwise i sweat and my hands slip too much on my grips.

same

also on DH they are a must....

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 8:14 Quote
I nearly always wear gloves unless im just nipping out to the shops..

I've been riding motorbikes for years and always wear gloves so it just doesnt feel right if I go out with out gloves.

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 8:17 Quote
i never wear gloves. i feel less safe with them on and more control with them off. also, worn down ruffians are SUPER grippy without gloves. i may wear them if its cold though

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012400
Mobile Version of Website