Only getting 150mm out of my 160mm 36

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
Only getting 150mm out of my 160mm 36
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 20:13 Quote
Ive got a 36 performance Elite Grip 2. Its on my transition Sentinel and is supposed to be 160mm of travel. I took all the air out and checked and I'm only getting 150mm before the fork hits a hard stop. What's my problem here, is this a fixable issue?

Posted: May 2, 2020 at 21:13 Quote
It's possible there is a volume spacer in the fork. Mine is the same travel and unless you go off a big jump or drop it wont use all the travel

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 1:09 Quote
Xanderxcl wrote:
It's possible there is a volume spacer in the fork. Mine is the same travel and unless you go off a big jump or drop it wont use all the travel

He said he took all the air out when he compressed it, so I think it's not a spacer issue.

Did the O ring go to just above the label on the stanchion? Remember, fox forks don't go all the way to the crown.

Also when you measure travel, make sure you are pulling the fork all the way to the end so you feel a hard stop before measuring. (The negative spring can suck the fork into its travel). If you still get 150mm, maybe the fork is actually set to 150 mm?

If it turns out that the fork measures out to 169 when you try the above, and just defaults to sitting at 10mm of compression or so, you probably have a blocked transfer port on the neg air spring.

good luck

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004963
Mobile Version of Website