How do I know what chain/size to buy?

PB Forum :: Beginners
How do I know what chain/size to buy?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 11:20 Quote
Need to buy a chain for 1x10 speed, single front Race Face 32T and 11-36T rear with a Sram XO Med Cage rear derailleur.

The front chain ring is not the original setup and I bought the bike as project w/no chain on it.

How do I know what size type of chain to get?

I was looking at a KMC X10 (L or SL, or SG) 116 link, but I have no idea if that will work?
What do the letters after the 10 represent?

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 13:55 Quote
Chains aren't sized, so you buy it and size it yourself with a chain tool. I would put it in first gear, and thread the chain and decide how long it should be by looking where the chain would be tight if the derailleur is a little strained.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 13:55 Quote
go to gmbn and look for new chain thats what i did

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 4:59 Quote
Loeyboy wrote:
Need to buy a chain for 1x10 speed, single front Race Face 32T and 11-36T rear with a Sram XO Med Cage rear derailleur.

The front chain ring is not the original setup and I bought the bike as project w/no chain on it.

How do I know what size type of chain to get?

I was looking at a KMC X10 (L or SL, or SG) 116 link, but I have no idea if that will work?
What do the letters after the 10 represent?
You need 10-speed chain to get the right width, for length you need chain break tool to shorten it to appropriate length. Go to google for "measure chain length MTB" Big Grin

Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 14:57 Quote
[/Quote]
You need 10-speed chain to get the right width, for length you need chain break tool to shorten it to appropriate length. Go to google for "measure chain length MTB" Big Grin [/Quote]

I was wondering how to measure the chain Smile . Thanks

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004507
Mobile Version of Website