Anybody here on the new switchblade?

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
Anybody here on the new switchblade?
Previous Page |
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 17:10 Quote
Just got my hightower Lt stolen from the house,

Was hoping insurance will cover it and I can afford a new bike. I’ve been eyeballing the new switchblades.

Anybody currently riding one? Mind sharing what you like/don’t like about it?

If you have any experience on Santa Cruz VPP suspension and prefer the DW would you care to share why?

Thanks!

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 18:57 Quote
I’ve got one, haven’t ridden it yet though the trails are still thawing out. Check the mtbr Pivot forum, it’s a lot more active than this one and a bunch of guys have been posting their thoughts.

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 20:43 Quote
I've got one and just took it out for the first time yesterday. So I am loving it! I was on a Mach 5.5. It is everything a Mach 5.5 is but better:

Fast, stable, and very poppy (the 5.5 felt like you had to work a bit more to get it off the ground.)
Climbs similar but more stable at slow speed on tight switchbacks.

I'm still so use to the 2.6's on the 5.5. I am going to ride this as is for a bit before bigger tires go on.

Posted: Nov 29, 2020 at 20:40 Quote
Does anyone have comparisons on the Pivot SB climbing ability to Hightower, Sb 130 LR, Ripmo, or any other bikes in this category?

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 8:15 Quote
claystanger wrote:
Does anyone have comparisons on the Pivot SB climbing ability to Hightower, Sb 130 LR, Ripmo, or any other bikes in this category?

I demo rode the Spot Mayhem 130, the Firebird 29, and the Switchblade. The Spot climbed very nicely but I wanted something bigger. (the 150 version wasn't available when I demoed the 130) The Firebird was just too much bike for me and felt that I could not generate any momentum on a bike that big. The Switchblade was the perfect compromise between the 130 and the Firebird. It climbs really well and handles great on descents. The wheelbase is ideal for me and while I have just a handful of rides on it, those rides have had plenty of technical vert and descending to know I made the right call.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 13:13 Quote
Mtb Yum Yum on youtube says the switchblade is the best climber in the category. But at speed in chunk the shock tune can feel harsh. He is a light rider so the tune probably is not great for him.

Posted: Dec 9, 2020 at 20:03 Quote
Thank you for your input. I enjoyed reading your experience.

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 9:15 Quote
claystanger wrote:
Thank you for your input. I enjoyed reading your experience.

I'm curious as well. i've owned the HTLT and the newer HTv2 but looking to move to the switchblade myself.

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 10:46 Quote
Same here. After I sell my bike I am looking at the switchblade or a yeti.

Posted: Dec 12, 2020 at 8:20 Quote
Xanderxcl wrote:

I would highly recommend riding both on a favorite trail if you can. Both companies make great bikes, but they are definitely different bikes. The Yeti's wheelbases are long compared to Pivot. For example, the SB130 (130mm/160mm) wheelbase matches the Pivot Firebird 29, which is 162/170.

Edit: I just watched the MTB Yum Yum review you posted and I think it is very accurate based on my handful of rides on the bike. Climbs great. Wants to roll over everything peddling up and going down. It's handled the tech I've ridden on really well. Love how the wheels just keep wanting to roll forward and I just need to make sure I pick the right line for it to take.

Posted: Dec 12, 2020 at 8:44 Quote
Xanderxcl wrote:

Welp, I just bought a switchblade v2 and it should arrive next week. Sold my Druid and I’ll be moving all my parts over

Posted: Dec 12, 2020 at 12:31 Quote
DanMG wrote:
Xanderxcl wrote:

I would highly recommend riding both on a favorite trail if you can. Both companies make great bikes, but they are definitely different bikes. The Yeti's wheelbases are long compared to Pivot. For example, the SB130 (130mm/160mm) wheelbase matches the Pivot Firebird 29, which is 162/170.

Edit: I just watched the MTB Yum Yum review you posted and I think it is very accurate based on my handful of rides on the bike. Climbs great. Wants to roll over everything peddling up and going down. It's handled the tech I've ridden on really well. Love how the wheels just keep wanting to roll forward and I just need to make sure I pick the right line for it to take.

I have already rode the 130 and was really impressed on how wel it rode for a 130mm bike. I would love to demo a switchblade just don't want to pay for it honestly.

Posted: Dec 12, 2020 at 21:45 Quote
Sold the Druid? Can you give us a comparison on the Sb V2 vs the Druid?

Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 13:47 Quote
claystanger wrote:
Sold the Druid? Can you give us a comparison on the Sb V2 vs the Druid?

Interested on this too.

Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 20:12 Quote
I absolutely will as soon as I can. Incoming review in two weeks. Just gotta find this forum again on my own so post another post as a reminder lol

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005939
Mobile Version of Website