Fox Racing Customer Service

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Fox Racing Customer Service
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 9:15 Quote
I wanted to give everyone a word of warning about Fox Racing Canada's return policy. I recently made the mistake of purchasing a wrong size helmet from their online store but contacted them about changing the order immediately after placing the order. I was told it would not be possible and to return the helmet and it would be dealt with. However neither the representative or their website mention that shipping back is at the customers expense and Fox Racing told me they "do not provide return shipping labels at this tie nor do we reimburse for shipping fees. The return shipping is at the expense of the customer." As many companies give return shipping labels I don't understand how Fox Racing is unable and unwilling to do so. I know I am going to take my money somewhere else in the future.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 18:31 Quote
The instructions on Fox's website dont specifically say that return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer, but it does say "Take package to carrier of choice and select preferred method of shipment." So it doesn't make any illusions that they are covering return shipping. This is exactly why I prefer going into a store, trying on, and buying locally.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 19:33 Quote
I would have liked to shop locally but no store had the helmet I was looking for. I think they should outright specify that it is the customers responsibility to cover shipping rather than leaving it intentionally vague. I wouldn't have bought from the online store if I had known but I suppose I've learned my lesson not to buy Fox products anymore.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 19:45 Quote
That's pretty normal, actually, unless it's Amazon or something like that, especially in Canada.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 14:48 Quote
Did any of the local shops at least stock Fox? Any good shop should be able to order directly from them with an account set up, so if the helmet got ordered wrong it would be their problem. Also, I dont think Ive ever ordered any product direct from a company and had free return shipping.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 19:53 Quote
I'm with these guys... most companies expect the customer to pay the cost of shipping back to them. Not to be a dick but why would you think that Fox owes it to you to pay for something that wasn't their fault? They sold you an item that happened to not fit you as desired. If it showed up in the wrong color or size than what you ordered then I would fully expect them to pay for the exchange, but not for something that was the correct item that just didn't work for you.

If you truly did contact them "immediately" after the purchase then they probably would have just canceled the original order and redid one for the correct size. If the item already shipped to you then I'm guessing that there wasn't immediate contact between you and Fox, or you got the helmet, tried it on, and realized it didn't fit and tried to return it? Sucks that you have to pay for the shipping, but at least you'll be getting a nice lid if you continued on with your order.

Side note; I'm guessing this is the Fox Rampage Carbon Pro? I picked one up yesterday and after trying on a medium and a large, I went with the large even though I'm normally a medium because the medium fit a bit more snug than I expected. I'm really happy with the quality of the thing and am looking forward to us all getting past Coronavirus to try it out.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 1:09 Quote
Pjj I understand that some companies do not pay for return shipping but I know a handful of companies that do supply return shipping labels. I also specifically looked for information regarding their policy and again I feel it's left intentionally vague. All that needs to be written is "return shipping is at the cost of the consumer."

In regards to my order and email there was a 5 minute window between my order and my email but was told the next day that the order has already been processed and shipment could not be stopped. I suppose I could have requested a return to sender if I had known this would have been an issue but hind sight.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005250
Mobile Version of Website