Kona precept dl help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Kona precept dl help
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 12:09 Quote
Hey everyone! First time post here . I recently picked up a 2014 kona precept dl and i already dont like the whole drivetrain . Im
Looking to upgrade to a 1x11 setup but my knowledge and bike mechanics skills are very limited. Im looking to hire someone local ( vancouver bc area ) to aid in what parts i need to buy and have someone install everything and give the bike a tune up since all the bike shops are closed :/ . Any help would be great, thanks in advance and be safe!
Steve

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 18:49 Quote
Would seem to me you could purchase the parts yourself and do the work yourself. Get the BB tool(s) from Park, purchase the shifter and deraiilleur and chain and crank and get to work.

There are some very good videos on youtube.

Would seem to me you could save quite a lot by doing the work yourself. Even if you have to buy some tools.

I am doing this project with SRAM NX 1x11, which is not super fancy but the shifter is high quality, as is the derailleur. Get a KMC 11 speed chain and you're in business. I bought the crank and dub BB, too, but not that expensive.

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 22:10 Quote
Get a Shimano xt 11 spd shifter
Slx or xt cassette
Slx or xt rear d
Shimano or sram 11 spd chain
30 or 32 nw ring ( 104 bcd?) that

The shifter will come with cable and housing. You'll need a chain breaker and a good cable cutter, maybe a crank remover Take things slow, it's not as difficult as it seams.

At least buy everything and make an attempt at doing it yourself, if not it's easy work for a mobile mechanic to tune once you have everything installed. I know the couv has some of those. They'll probably be able to source parts for you as well as a slightly higher cost. But maybe they'll give you a break on install costs.

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 17:56 Quote
Awesome thanks guys! I actually ended buying all the parts and doing it myself , wasn’t that hard at all... i mean it did take me like 5 hrs lol

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 17:57 Quote
eshew wrote:
Get a Shimano xt 11 spd shifter
Slx or xt cassette
Slx or xt rear d
Shimano or sram 11 spd chain
30 or 32 nw ring ( 104 bcd?) that

The shifter will come with cable and housing. You'll need a chain breaker and a good cable cutter, maybe a crank remover Take things slow, it's not as difficult as it seams.

At least buy everything and make an attempt at doing it yourself, if not it's easy work for a mobile mechanic to tune once you have everything installed. I know the couv has some of those. They'll probably be able to source parts for you as well as a slightly higher cost. But maybe they'll give you a break on install costs.

Exact setup i went with !! Cheers man!

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 19:16 Quote
Woot! Congrats dude!

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 19:27 Quote
eshew wrote:
Woot! Congrats dude!
Thanks again man !

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005236
Mobile Version of Website