BUY/SELL rankings and reviews

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
BUY/SELL rankings and reviews
  • Previous Page
O+ FL
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 11:50 Quote
Why can't we rank and review people we've dealt with on the BuySell? I think it would be a great tool to see positive/negative reviews on people that you are dealing with when buying or selling online.

CanadianGunNutz has that feature and it's excellent when purchasing a firearm from someone online.

Just a thought.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 19:28 Quote
This would be a great addition. I sell a lot of skis on new schoolers and it adds a lot of confidence / peace of mind when someone has good reviews.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 0:32 Quote
We've needed this for a long time.

Also a rating on how good you are at replying to messages...
Why do so may users just not bother answering?!

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 8:54 Quote
It can be as simple as a positive or negative rating, and a quick 100 character or less review of your buying/selling experience. @pinkbike what’s up

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 12:02 Quote
kilo11 wrote:
It can be as simple as a positive or negative rating, and a quick 100 character or less review of your buying/selling experience. @pinkbike what’s up

This would be perfect

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 19:25 Quote
This needs to happen, the rating system would help out so much

Posted: Apr 24, 2020 at 14:12 Quote
In the mean time, what if we wrote our experiences on this thread, and if it gains enough popularity, PB, and other people. could start relying on it!

Posted: Apr 24, 2020 at 22:00 Quote
A buyer/seller review page would be a great idea,needs to be on the main forum title page though.So it's easily accessible for folks to reference to.

Posted: Apr 24, 2020 at 22:09 Quote
yeah, but what I do before I do any transaction, is I search their name in all forums. that way I can see on the left column, wether they come up on a scammer forum. another idea is if there is a "trust score" like the one on trailforks...

Posted: Apr 25, 2020 at 17:40 Quote
This is a much needed addition to the website.
Confidence in buying and selling is a must.

The communication rating aswell. Pretty sick of sellers going silent.

Posted: Apr 25, 2020 at 17:43 Quote
I'm gonna have to agree. right now it isnt too much more secure as Craigslist. this site has been around for years!

Posted: Aug 31, 2023 at 15:58 Quote
There should be a way to review sellers. A seller I just bought a Fox fork from told me over the phone that he was a brand ambassador for Fox fork and that the fork I would be getting would come directly from Fox. Neither was true. I ended up overpaying for the fork. I called the store he bought it from and told them that he was lying to people and to keep a lookout for him. My fault for not digging deeper into the availability of the fork. But I don't like being lied to, especially from another mt biker. It really cuts against the camaraderie of the sport.

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2023 at 14:41 Quote
This should definitely happen. I’d love to a be able to rate the transaction or leave a review on the seller of this bike I just purchased for my kid. After what I said to him he probably would want to rate me as well lol.

Posted: Feb 6, 2024 at 15:07 Quote
Ya i just got jammed by a user so where do i leave the goof a review to warn others?

FL
Posted: Feb 6, 2024 at 21:28 Quote
IT's comepletely needed and would be great but, the ability to question a bad review is needed.

I once sold something small to a buyer here an he had a heavy DM rant at me for using royal mail instead of a "cheaper" delivery service... Despite me telling in comms that I only ever use royal mail...........

pretty sure he would've left me a terrible review for no good reason.

But YES, get on it PB!

P.S if I'm buying here, I usually check sellers history, How long they've been here, an sometimes if I get a 'bad vibe' from comms I'll check the forum posts to guage if they're cool or an A'hole......

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012025
Mobile Version of Website