Volume Spacers on Firebird 29er?

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
Volume Spacers on Firebird 29er?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 12:37 Quote
Hey guys,

I am loving my Firebird and riding more it more and more! I am getting my new to me Carbon Firebird 29er dialed in and playing around with fork and shock pressures and wondering about adding some volume spacers front/rear? I am 150# and ride a very rocky rooty area with some big hits built in.

Just curious who has used them and pro/cons specific to the Firebird. I understand the premise of them and at this point planning to add some.

Regards,
Ian

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
Hey Ian.

Which fork and shock do you have? It does make a big difference if you have the factory X2 or the performance X2 or the performance dpx2.

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
dw*link bikes are difficult to model because the short links are so sensitive to the slightest errors. Can't say exactly how progressive the motion ratio is, but it's definitely above average and considerably more than the previous Firebird. Probably best to start without any reducers.

You might add a reducer to the fork to get a more balanced feel with the progressive rear. Unless a rider has exceptional upper body strength, it's usually best to have few or no reducers in the fork.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005252
Mobile Version of Website