2021 remedy

PB Forum :: Trek
2021 remedy
Author Message
Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 11:25 Quote
Any news about the remedy 7?

Posted: Aug 1, 2020 at 16:16 Quote
Looks like there are goning to be two builds of remedy 8.
See czech lang. version of Trek website. Threre's only Shimano build available, which cost 340 EUR more than 2020 model. Not sure if xt (slx crank) justifies price increase, compared to gx on 2020.

https://www.trekbikes.com/cz/cs_CZ/kola/horsk%C3%A1-kola/trailov%C3%A1-horsk%C3%A1-kola/remedy/remedy-8-xt/p/32862/?colorCode=grey

Posted: Aug 1, 2020 at 17:02 Quote
https://www.trekbikes.com/cz/cs_CZ/kola/horsk%C3%A1-kola/trailov%C3%A1-horsk%C3%A1-kola/remedy/remedy-9-8/p/33067/?colorCode=greendark_black

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 3:34 Quote
Yes, there will be at least two versions of Remedy 8. I don't know if the number of versions and colors will vary by location, but in Poland it looks like this:
- Grey: Sram GX + Code R or Shimano XT
- Red-Yellow: only Sram GX + Code R

All versions are the same price.

All versions come with a Lyrik Select+. I don't know if this was a bug, but I saw somewhere Remedy 8 with Fox 36 - I can't find where now.

Prices of all bikes will go up IMO, Reign, for example, is over 10% more.

I am seriously considering this Trek but I don't know which version is better. I will definitely wait for the price and specification of Reign SX before making a decision.

Here the specification of the SRAM version: https://sprint-rowery.pl/rower-gorski-trek-remedy-8-27-5-2021

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 14:41 Quote
Sorry if it's been covered but will there officially be a 29er version of the Remedy?

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 14:57 Quote
victorlatimer wrote:
Sorry if it's been covered but will there officially be a 29er version of the Remedy?

It's not 100% confirmed but the general manger of the bike shop chain I work has said he saw one..soooo...maybe? Big Grin

Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 3:17 Quote
victorlatimer wrote:
Sorry if it's been covered but will there officially be a 29er version of the Remedy?

I’m waiting on this info too, I don’t have a bike at the moment and the 27.5 is really tempting me.

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 2:51 Quote
nelsti wrote:
victorlatimer wrote:
Sorry if it's been covered but will there officially be a 29er version of the Remedy?

I’m waiting on this info too, I don’t have a bike at the moment and the 27.5 is really tempting me.
Same here, but I'm starting to doubt that Remedy on 29 will come out this year - that would mean a change of the frame. I think Im going to choose the current version of Remedy 8, but I do not know whether to take Sram or Shemanoo...

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 7:16 Quote
Lots of hype. Might be some disappointed people, here.

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 14:22 Quote
Yeah I'm not so sure on the xt option on the 8. Pretty certain main changes on it was the rear shock finally ditching reaktiv and getting a proper piggybacked shock. Gets the super deluxe select+ which the bike should have always came with. I run a super deluxe ultimate with megneg on my remedy and it's amazing. The next change was the upgraded 10-52t gx cassette. Only other real thing I saw was the brakes being the codes which is nice cause those are better for more descending than the guides. That's honestly all I know that will be different and that's it.

If you can find a 19-20 still in your size I'd buy it and then a super deluxe and then you're at the new 21 other than the brakes and cassette which will be hard to notice too much a difference. The rear shock really is the game changer

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 17:13 Quote
StokedExplorer wrote:
Yeah I'm not so sure on the xt option on the 8. Pretty certain main changes on it was the rear shock finally ditching reaktiv and getting a proper piggybacked shock. Gets the super deluxe select+ which the bike should have always came with. I run a super deluxe ultimate with megneg on my remedy and it's amazing. The next change was the upgraded 10-52t gx cassette. Only other real thing I saw was the brakes being the codes which is nice cause those are better for more descending than the guides. That's honestly all I know that will be different and that's it.

If you can find a 19-20 still in your size I'd buy it and then a super deluxe and then you're at the new 21 other than the brakes and cassette which will be hard to notice too much a difference. The rear shock really is the game changer

This, y'all.

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 14:58 Quote
https://www.mtbmonster.com/trek-remedy-9-8-gx-matte-trek-black-2021/

https://www.mtbmonster.com/search.php?search_query_adv=trek%20remedy%202021&section=product

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 15:40 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
https://www.mtbmonster.com/trek-remedy-9-8-gx-matte-trek-black-2021/

https://www.mtbmonster.com/search.php?search_query_adv=trek%20remedy%202021&section=product

thats a fuel. they have just listed the wrong photo.

https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/bikes/mountain-bikes/trail-mountain-bikes/fuel-ex/fuel-ex-9-8-gx/p/33074/?colorCode=greydark

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 20:13 Quote
spicetaxi wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:
https://www.mtbmonster.com/trek-remedy-9-8-gx-matte-trek-black-2021/

https://www.mtbmonster.com/search.php?search_query_adv=trek%20remedy%202021&section=product

thats a fuel. they have just listed the wrong photo.

https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/bikes/mountain-bikes/trail-mountain-bikes/fuel-ex/fuel-ex-9-8-gx/p/33074/?colorCode=greydark

Thanks

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 8:42 Quote
Anyone have any inside info on the 2021 Remedy 9.9? I'm worried they may not do one this year. Anyone have a confirmation or info?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007150
Mobile Version of Website