Budget Dirt Jumper 2020

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Budget Dirt Jumper 2020
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 22:30 Quote
Hello fellas,

I do a lot of browsing but not a whole lot of posting on PB. Anyways, I have looked around and searched forums and haven't really found anything super useful that's recent. Although, I am sure this question has been asked a few times lol.

I am looking for recommendations for entry level priced bikes. $500-$700~

Looking for a large with suspension (not rigid forks).

Let me hear your opinions/recommendations!

Bikes I have heard of so far:
-Octane 1 Melt
-NS Zircus (leaning towards)
-Norco Ryde 26
-Airborne cro-hawk

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 15:54 Quote
dinelli327 wrote:
Hello fellas,

I do a lot of browsing but not a whole lot of posting on PB. Anyways, I have looked around and searched forums and haven't really found anything super useful that's recent. Although, I am sure this question has been asked a few times lol.

-Octane 1 Melt
-Norco Ryde 26
-Airborne cro-hawk
I would not recommend the norco ryde, my friend had it and the fork is so bad that when you compress going up a lip, it makes a k-chunk sound, stays compressed and then k-chenk, it goes straight back up in mid air in such a awkward motion it bucks you every time until you get used to it. Look for something that has any model of the manitou circus, ive heard that the stock ones are still quite good

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 15:56 Quote
pnwshreddin wrote:
dinelli327 wrote:
Hello fellas,

-Octane 1 Melt
-Norco Ryde 26
-Airborne cro-hawk
I would not recommend the norco ryde, my friend had it and the fork is so bad that when you compress going up a lip, it makes a k-chunk sound, stays compressed and then k-chenk, it goes straight back up in mid air in such a awkward motion it bucks you every time until you get used to it. Look for something that has any model of the manitou circus, ive heard that the stock ones are still quite good
of those the zircus would probably be your best bet

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 16:36 Quote
the stock circus aren't terrible, but are not adjustable, and are not stiff enough for my liking. but have done the trick for me for a few months, even though I did have to replace 1 on warranty

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 9:59 Quote
pnwshreddin wrote:
pnwshreddin wrote:
dinelli327 wrote:
Hello fellas,

-Octane 1 Melt
-Norco Ryde 26
-Airborne cro-hawk
of those the zircus would probably be your best bet

Gotcha, I ended up heightening my budget and buying a NS Movement 2. I was between the Melt and spending the extra $300 on the NS M2.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 10:00 Quote
traqs wrote:
the stock circus aren't terrible, but are not adjustable, and are not stiff enough for my liking. but have done the trick for me for a few months, even though I did have to replace 1 on warranty

I ended up leaning more towards the Melt towards the end. Ended up spending a little extra on a NS Movement 2. I'm stoked!

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 10:30 Quote
dinelli327 wrote:
traqs wrote:

I ended up leaning more towards the Melt towards the end. Ended up spending a little extra on a NS Movement 2. I'm stoked!
sweet have fun on the new ride! everyone is getting dirt jumpers..... while im sitting in my basement staring at my still unbuilt ns decade frameEek

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 10:32 Quote
pnwshreddin wrote:
dinelli327 wrote:
traqs wrote:

sweet have fun on the new ride! everyone is getting dirt jumpers..... while im sitting in my basement staring at my still unbuilt ns decade frameEek

Hell yeah dude, it does feel like everyone and there mother is getting one

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 11:00 Quote
traqs wrote:
pnwshreddin wrote:
dinelli327 wrote:

Hell yeah dude, it does feel like everyone and there mother is getting one
even my dad wants one, and hes usually full blown xc

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005049
Mobile Version of Website