Nomad 3 Dropper Max Insertion

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Nomad 3 Dropper Max Insertion
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 11:43 Quote
Hey guys,

Just some general info on dropper post insertion length on the Nomad 3 Carbon frame. I've got a medium frame and i was able to run a One Up V2 210mm post and it only stick up about 10mm out of the seat post. So basically anything shorter than that post, you should be able to slam all the way down.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 13:53 Quote
JHollowell wrote:
Hey guys,

Just some general info on dropper post insertion length on the Nomad 3 Carbon frame. I've got a medium frame and i was able to run a One Up V2 210mm post and it only stick up about 10mm out of the seat post. So basically anything shorter than that post, you should be able to slam all the way down.

Thanks! Was just trying to find this info and no one seems to have posted maximum insertion depth for the Nomad 3.

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 12:04 Quote
Glad this was helpful for someone

cheers

TheBog wrote:
JHollowell wrote:
Hey guys,

Just some general info on dropper post insertion length on the Nomad 3 Carbon frame. I've got a medium frame and i was able to run a One Up V2 210mm post and it only stick up about 10mm out of the seat post. So basically anything shorter than that post, you should be able to slam all the way down.

Thanks! Was just trying to find this info and no one seems to have posted maximum insertion depth for the Nomad 3.

Posted: Aug 22, 2020 at 4:29 Quote
I've just tried the one up dropper 210mm in a Carbon Nomad 3 Size L & it doesn't go down that far into the seat tube - still has 45mm out of the seat tube.
Any ideas why yours is different?
I'd have thought a larger sizer would have even less showing when rammed fully into the seat tube, not more.

Weird.

....Edit....The 210mm one up v2 dropper can in fact be slammed all the way down into the seat tube of a carbon Nomad 3 if desired.
There was a tiny amount of carbon sticking out part way down the seat tube which initially stopped the post going right in. A slight amount of pressure pushing it in sorted it.
I was initially worried about doing this in case it marked the post which would've then made a refund difficult if the post had it been too long (I wasn't 100% sure of the fit).

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 2:32 Quote
Hi there,

I did not quite get it... one up 210mm is with insertion length of 297
( https://www.oneupcomponents.com/products/dropper-post-v2?variant=19543530897505 )

Are you sure that all these 297mm - acutuator ~ 280mm are all the way down?

I need a total of 300mm to protrude from the seattube. If I take the 200mm drop, I will have 100mm static out of the tube. This means that the frame shall take something like 200-210mm inside.

Is my math right? Will the frame take these 210mm...

Regards

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 8:38 Quote
nick-K wrote:
Hi there,

I did not quite get it... one up 210mm is with insertion length of 297
( https://www.oneupcomponents.com/products/dropper-post-v2?variant=19543530897505 )

Are you sure that all these 297mm - acutuator ~ 280mm are all the way down?

I need a total of 300mm to protrude from the seattube. If I take the 200mm drop, I will have 100mm static out of the tube. This means that the frame shall take something like 200-210mm inside.

Is my math right? Will the frame take these 210mm...

Regards

I'm not sure i follow. I don't have the frame anymore so i can't send a picture. All i know is that the 210mm One Up post will stick out approx 10mm if you insert it as far as possible.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 0:20 Quote
Now when I read my post... I dont follow too :-D

Simply said.
I need 310mm to pedal normally.
With 210mm drop, this means that it will be 100mm fixed that will stay always out of the seattube.
So with a total length of 540mm, I will have about 310mm in use and the rest 230mm will have to be in the seat tube

So as you say the frame will be able to take all these 230mm.
And since the frame will suck it up all the way down I might go with oneUP 210.

Cheers

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 9:48 Quote
I think you will achieve what you want with that frame and the 210mm post. Your post will stick out 100mm giving you 310 total height when extended while still maintaining ample insertion length.

My goal was to have the post as low as possible when fully compressed for steep trails, but then have the most rise for climbing.
nick-K wrote:
Now when I read my post... I dont follow too :-D

Simply said.
I need 310mm to pedal normally.
With 210mm drop, this means that it will be 100mm fixed that will stay always out of the seattube.
So with a total length of 540mm, I will have about 310mm in use and the rest 230mm will have to be in the seat tube

So as you say the frame will be able to take all these 230mm.
And since the frame will suck it up all the way down I might go with oneUP 210.

Cheers

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005196
Mobile Version of Website