2020 enduro coil shock bikes

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2020 enduro coil shock bikes
Previous Page |
Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 5:51 Quote
Hi all, it’s been many years since I posted/created a new pinkbike thread! I hope everyone is well and keeping safe in these challenging and weird times. Anyways, I’m after some advice regarding the thread title.

I’m looking to purchase a new enduro\trail bike with a coil shock from factory. Can anyone recommend or advise on any that are available?

For a bit of background I currently ride a Yeti SB6c which is a fair few years old and am looking for an upgrade. So far I am tempted to go for the new Yeti sb165. The trails I ride are from mellow trail rides, trail centres, to enduros and downhill uplift days. Bit of everything really.

I’m not looking for a race bike, I’m more looking for a bike to have a blast on at the uplift days and trails, not to smash strava times.

Thanks

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 15:27 Quote
The Santa Cruz Megatower can be specced with a coil. I haven't tried a stock RS coil but the DHX2 on my MT is way better than the stock air shock. If I were to do it over I would have specced it with a coil from the factory.

I know Guerrilla Gravity can be ordered with coils but not sure about import fees coming from the US.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 17:37 Quote
Pre-order a Canfield Balance. They have hands-down the best suspension design. It literally pedals like it’s locked and gives up absolutely nothing on the downs.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 20:22 Quote
https://www.knollybikes.com/post/bike-check-2020-warden-lt

Warden mullet is a great option imo. I did this with one of the carbon wardens when they went on clearout. I have mine with a CC DBIL and it is awesome. The warden has a progressive suspension design well suited for coils. Also, the bikes are awesome.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 21:11 Quote
been absolutely loving my giant reign sx reign 29er, comes with a coil and rides great.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 2:51 Quote
Going British, both Bird and Cotic offer coil options on their builds.

Posted: Apr 17, 2020 at 22:21 Quote
jason114 wrote:
been absolutely loving my giant reign sx reign 29er, comes with a coil and rides great.
been looking at this one... is it unbearable on the uphill? or will it help me build legs of steel? Smile

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 0:11 Quote
biking-dingus wrote:
jason114 wrote:
been looking at this one... is it unbearable on the uphill? or will it help me build legs of steel? Smile

Let's just say I haven't flipped the pedal switch and I doubt I ever will.

Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 9:22 Quote
I belive some or all of the Norco Ranges (that's the model, I'm not talking about their range of bikes) come spec'd with coil shocks. Norco's really been killing it lately with their bikes and this sounds like a really fun bike to ride. I would focus on getting a bike that rides really great while having a suspension design that will work with a coil as oppose to ones that come with a coil already on. If it's spec'd with an air shock, you could sell it and buy a coil after market with the total cost being pretty low. Plus if you make $500 off selling the unused air shock, you can use that to justify spending $1200 on a Push eleven6 Smile

Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 16:09 Quote
eicca wrote:
Pre-order a Canfield Balance. They have hands-down the best suspension design. It literally pedals like it’s locked and gives up absolutely nothing on the downs.

https://canfieldbikes.com/collections/2020-balance-desert-loam/products/2020-balance-desert-loam-complete-bike-27-5-all-mountain-enduro

Whoa those are RAD!!!!!!

Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 18:27 Quote
Another vote for the megatower. I demoed it with the stock air shock and found it very progressive and supportive. When i brought the demo back I was ready to order it when the guy at the shop said that most people in this area have ended up switching to a coil. I then demoed it with a push 11/6. Still very supportive and progressive but just more supple and smoother. i was a bit worried going from the 11/6 to the RS SD coil but the stock RS shock has been great!

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 3:14 Quote
Orbea Rallon from the M10 spec up can be specced with a DHX2 coil.

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 13:37 Quote
GT Force plus has geo flip chips

Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 16:48 Quote
Guerrilla Gravity Smash or Gnarvana. I have a Smash, it is awesome!

Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 14:11 Quote
Mondraker Dune Xr comes with a coil too.

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006238
Mobile Version of Website