Help choosing new bike! YETI OR TRANSITION

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Help choosing new bike! YETI OR TRANSITION
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 14:27 Quote
Just sold my V4 Santa Cruz Nomad CC... now I'm trying to find what my next bike will be. I'm torn between two different rides right now. The 2020 Transition Patrol and the Yeti SB140. I know these bikes are completely different animals. Probably will keep the bike through the summer and due to COVID I feel like the bike parks might not open so I am debating going with a smaller travel bike.

My biking is primarily in the PNW (Bellingham, Squamish, Post Canyon, Sandy Ridge, Black Rock, with a few days at Whistler and my local bike park). I enjoy most terrain - techy, jumps, drops, and flow). What do you think would be my best route for this summer? Think I am going to stay with 27.5 for at least one more season because I enjoy the playfulness of the bike. Will the SB140 be enough bike for bigger lines, and bike park sized jumps?

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 20:55 Quote
Why not the new carbon scout if you want less travel but still capable for Whistler and PNW. That's where and what the scout was designed for.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 23:13 Quote
I think the 140 would be undergunned at places like black rock.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 8:26 Quote
If you are concerned that the SB140 might undergunned, there is always the SB165 which is a great bike for gnarly lines and seriously pedals and climbs great.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 8:31 Quote
DugS wrote:
If you are concerned that the SB140 might undergunned, there is always the SB165 which is a great bike for gnarly lines and seriously pedals and climbs great.

This

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005999
Mobile Version of Website