2x xt 11-46 to 1x

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2x xt 11-46 to 1x
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 22:33 Quote
I have an 11 speed xt 10-46 2x that I would like to change to a 1x I have a stans neo hub I’m not opposed to to going 10 speed but need the 46 for climbing in my area. Not sure if it’s possible or what I would need to do?

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 2:52 Quote
Are you sure it's not an 11-46 cassette? What crankset do you have?

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 9:40 Quote
Could be 11-46 I couldn't see the stamp on it last night. Xt cranks. Thx for your help

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 9:56 Quote
Google bike gear calculator, input what you have. Use gear inches for the calculation. Use the calculator to determine what you can survive with in terms of narrow wide chainring. Remember you will have a narrower gear range and if the cassette stays the same you’re gonna lose high range or low range or both if you shoot for a chainring in the middle.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 9:56 Quote
Mnostle wrote:
Could be 11-46 I couldn't see the stamp on it last night. Xt cranks. Thx for your help

The simple option is to remove your 2 chainrings and bolt a Narrow Wide chainring to the larger spider of your current crank. One-up provide them with spacers to ensure the chainline is good. This assumes of course that your derailleur has a clutch, which I suspect it will if it's an 11-46 cassette. A 30t ring will give you good gearing with the 46t if you have steep climbs in your area.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 12:41 Quote
Thank you all I'll do some calculations and look up the items suggested. I guess I can also look up different size cassettes to find a happier medium for change in the front ring. I also have the xt shifter brake combo does the shifter just come off the bracket and the brake stays the same?

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 14:51 Quote
Mnostle wrote:
Thank you all I'll do some calculations and look up the items suggested. I guess I can also look up different size cassettes to find a happier medium for change in the front ring. I also have the xt shifter brake combo does the shifter just come off the bracket and the brake stays the same?

Yes, the shifter will unbolt from the brake.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004807
Mobile Version of Website