Nomad 3 vs Nomad 4 vs Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Nomad 3 vs Nomad 4 vs Megatower
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 3:03 Quote
Hi All

Hope everyone is coping with whatever version of lockdown they have. We are though 2 of 3 weeks, and have now had another 2 weeks added, so will be almost 5 weeks in total.

I have a L nomad 3 with the fox dx2 and lyric fork and am looking at upgrading to either the version 4 or the megatower. The trails I ride are generally fast and flowy with some table tops and 4-6 foot drops with good transitions. Some rooty sections with small rock areas. Most have to be climbed to get to the top with switch backs about 150m altitude increase over about 1km, so you are sweating by the time you get to the top. I am 5 11 with my five tens on, and weigh 80kg. Before the N3, I had Large 2014 V10.

I have looked at a number of utube comparisons, but always find that most of the reviewers enjoy riding their bikes so much, that the comparisons that they have done between these three bikes are enjoyed to almost the same degree. Could just mean that they are very similar.

The one review said that the new Nomad 4 was better in the mid stroke, but he had the original shock fitted not the dx2. Does the new shock placement for the N4 and MT offer a more stable comfy ride, any comments on this?

The L of both these new bikes offers between 20 and 30mm extra reach over my N3 does this make a huge difference, should I look at a L for the N4, and M for the MT?

Views of the who have moved from the N3 to the N4 or MT would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005210
Mobile Version of Website