Budget enduro Wheelset

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Budget enduro Wheelset
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 9:27 Quote
Hi guys, rear wheel has taken a bit of a trashing and time for replacing. Currently non boost, and I am planning on a frame upgrade in the next year, but need to replace the wheel to keep me riding. With that in mind, i didn’t want to spend too much, with the hope of changing to a boost rear wheel when I get a new frame. Narrowed it down to the following wheels but would like some input;
- Stans flow s1 (heard the hubs can be problematic)
- halo ridgeline
- dt swiss e1900 spline 30

Thanks in advance

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 4:36 Quote
I’ve got halo ridgelines but had the supadrive hub built in the back so cost a bit more than usual. Also running non boost with the intention of swapping frame to boost at a later date. Seem pretty solid but I’ve not gave them as much thrashing as I’d of liked yet. Halo do a very nice boost kit too.

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 5:44 Quote
Cheers Dav82,
I really like the look of the halos. As stated I didn’t want to spend too much, incase I decide to 29”. Currently my standard wheels have held up for 2 years (novatec 462 on a wtb stp i25) and that includes a few big cases on some bigger lines. Also like the dt swiss, however unsure on the straight pull spokes for ease of replacement etc. Weight isn’t a concern and not too fussed on engagement.

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 6:29 Quote
From what I’ve heard of dt Swiss they seem fairly bulletproof so I doubt you’d have any bother with them if you went that way. Have you looked at hunt wheels? Get some very good reviews and aren’t massively pricey. Have you looked 2nd hand too? Always some potential bargains to be had!

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 7:41 Quote
Agree, was hopefully after some feedback from someone running the e1900. I know they run the 370 hub, which is a pawl freehub rather than the ratchet. Been looking g second hand, however have always been a bit funny with 2nd wheels

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 10:09 Quote
Fair enough. I don’t think you’ll go wrong with either set of wheels to be fair. I’m pretty chuffed with my halos. Customer service was great when I had a few queries too. Good luck with it.

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 3:49 Quote
Slipper wrote:
Agree, was hopefully after some feedback from someone running the e1900. I know they run the 370 hub, which is a pawl freehub rather than the ratchet. Been looking g second hand, however have always been a bit funny with 2nd wheels
I ride the e1900 wheels in my Capra
Pretty solid wheelset. I ride my Capra mostly in park.
I can'can't say anything bad about the 370 hubs.
The lower engagment is not that much of a big deal and they are strong.

I also ride 240 hubs with 36 ratched on my trail bike so I know what better hubs feel and it really isn't that much better.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2020 at 19:18 Quote
Check out hunt wheels

Posted: Apr 26, 2020 at 9:40 Quote
Cheers guys. Went with the halo wheels in the end and really happy with them. Thanks for the input!

Posted: Apr 26, 2020 at 9:48 Quote
Slipper wrote:
Cheers guys. Went with the halo wheels in the end and really happy with them. Thanks for the input!

did you go supadrive or bushdrive?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011974
Mobile Version of Website