Best place in washington

PB Forum :: USA - West
Best place in washington
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 21:38 Quote
I'm thinking about moving to washington this fall for some new scenery and some new biking. i currently reside in colorado springs, colorado and the biking here just isn't what i need. any suggestions? i primarily ride freeride dirtjumps and love fast smooth trails with jumps, drops ect... i've looked at spokane and belllingham but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 21:40 Quote
I live in Bellingham but haven't lived here long, I've been to Spokane and its pretty ghetto and scary. I passed through there on the way to Idaho at like 1200 at night and saw some hookers. Scary stuff.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 21:43 Quote
jessica888 wrote:
I live in Bellingham but haven't lived here long, I've been to Spokane and its pretty ghetto and scary. I passed through there on the way to Idaho at like 1200 at night and saw some hookers. Scary stuff.
i guess that puts spokane out of the picture. hahah.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 21:46 Quote
PFFT. You just dont know where to look! Colorado has amazing MTB stuff, I dont know of any place in the US that has more.

Sure Washington is closer to BC distance wise, but seriously, why move when you just need a guide?

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 21:49 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
PFFT. You just dont know where to look! Colorado has amazing MTB stuff, I dont know of any place in the US that has more.

Sure Washington is closer to BC distance wise, but seriously, why move when you just need a guide?
i've ridden a lot of places in colorado and i just need something new. i've been to all the ski resorts that offer biking (keysone, vail, winterpark) in the summer time and all the way from colorado springs to grand junction/fruita to durango to boulder and fort collins to crested bute. i just want something new....

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 21:57 Quote
Seattle has some fun stuff that I have ridden, and I'd imagine lots that I havent, but the Portland area is amazing. Yeah, if you live in Portland, you have to drive 30-45 minutes to find great riding other than dirt jumps or XC, but I can think of 5-6 spots where you can shuttle to ride amazing terrain, plus there is a DH and Slalom race series at Mt. Hood and Port Angeles (west of Seattle) this year.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 21:59 Quote
willems wrote:
jessica888 wrote:
i guess that puts spokane out of the picture. hahah.

haha spokane is a big city people, therefor their is weird stuff that goes on at 12:00 at nightEek . but It has beacon hill which is a nice place to ride.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 22:00 Quote
Washington seems to be in the middle of it all. we have British Columbia above us, Idaho to the right and Orengon Below, all great places for riding for all types of demands. bellingham has some great trails of all types. Seattle has some great normal trails. If you wan to find what's in Washington, get "kissing the Trail" by john Zilly. it has a list, description, and directions to all trails around Seattle and more

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 22:01 Quote
nickf wrote:
Washington seems to be in the middle of it all. we have British Columbia above us, Idaho to the right and Orengon Below, all great places for riding for all types of demands. bellingham has some great trails of all types. Seattle has some great normal trails. If you wan to find what's in Washington, get "kissing the Trail" by john Zilly. it has a list, description, and directions to all trails around Seattle and more
thanks man, i'll be sure to check that out!

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 22:06 Quote
Ya I've heard Beacon Hill is a good place, but I think Bellingham has a lot of trails too and it dosn't snow very much in the winter, and its closer to Whister.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 22:12 Quote
jessica888 wrote:
Ya I've heard Beacon Hill is a good place, but I think Bellingham has a lot of trails too and it dosn't snow very much in the winter, and its closer to Whister.
Beacon is probbly the best riding we have around here by far!! lots of airs, drops, and smooth stingle track to rail. super fun place to ride tup

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 23:02 Quote
I'm from Spokane, and the riding is decent... Beacon is not maintained as much anymore, so its all rutted out. Mt Spokane is good if you have friends to shuttle with. The urban riding downtown is fun, there are always crazy people out that yell at us... riverside state park is all xc oriented. Yes we have hookers, crackheads, and bums but what city doesnt?

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 7:08 Quote
check out bbtc.org. this organization puts on a lot of work at local trails. its a great way to find new trails

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
if your planning on moving to eastern washington, there should be plenty of nice trails. but western washington has to be one of the worst mtn biking place on earth. trust me, i've been looking for good trails for 14 years and never found anything compared to colorado. i live in bonney lake (south of seattle) and theres a few skate parks which means everybodys into BMX. i'm seriously one of the only guys in my school thats remotly interested in mountain biking. hardly any of the ski resorts are open in the summer and all the existing trails always get rained out. if i had the choice, i would move to colorado in a second. but all i have to say is washington sucks. for biking and everything else. i know we're pretty close to B.C. but it's still an 8 hour drive from seattle. we used to have some good trails, but some stupid construction project called "cascadia" has cleared almost everything worth riding.

i hope this helpeda bit, but my suggestion is to either stay in colorado, or check out eastern washington.

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
masonreid wrote:
if your planning on moving to eastern washington, there should be plenty of nice trails. but western washington has to be one of the worst mtn biking place on earth. trust me, i've been looking for good trails for 14 years and never found anything compared to colorado. i live in bonney lake (south of seattle) and theres a few skate parks which means everybodys into BMX. i'm seriously one of the only guys in my school thats remotly interested in mountain biking. hardly any of the ski resorts are open in the summer and all the existing trails always get rained out. if i had the choice, i would move to colorado in a second. but all i have to say is washington sucks. for biking and everything else. i know we're pretty close to B.C. but it's still an 8 hour drive from seattle. we used to have some good trails, but some stupid construction project called "cascadia" has cleared almost everything worth riding.

i hope this helpeda bit, but my suggestion is to either stay in colorado, or check out eastern washington.

this biking trail guide i own has 65 trails listed in only the Seattle area, and this book will only show legal trails. think abaout everything else there has to be out there. You just have to be in the know-how to find the good stuff...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012286
Mobile Version of Website