Internal Routing Meta TR29

PB Forum :: Commencal
Internal Routing Meta TR29
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 19:55 Quote
I have a new meta tr29 on the way and this is my first frame with internal routing. Has anyone had any experience with this frame? Is it worhwhile to buy the park tool routing tool, or is this a simple job without it? Thanks for any advice.

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 18:14 Quote
I have never used the park tool system but I have routed cable through the meta tr 29. Just make sure to use the foam on the cables to prevent rattle and start pushing them in at the smaller end. When you get it you'll see one end of the frame uses a smaller plug this goes in first then feed in through this end. The one thing I will say is the kit might help for the seatpost as that is a nightmare full of hair pulling to get in and around the awkward kink. I have an XL frame too.

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 18:22 Quote
Thanks for the advice! I've managed to stay away from internal routing for a long time. Hopefully this won't be to painful. I have some very strong magnets, I may try to rig up my on own version of the park tool kit and save myself a few bucks.

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 21:17 Quote
Any advice on get the dropper cable in? Struggling getting it through to the downtube.

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 9:51 Quote
CheesecakeJake wrote:
Any advice on get the dropper cable in? Struggling getting it through to the downtube.
I got my frame today and started with routing the dropper. If you remove the rubber guard on the downtube there is a hole between the bottom threaded hole and the 2 threaded holes that hold the guard on. I inserted the housing in this hole and worked it up the seat tube, then once it was all the way thru I was able to put the other end thru the same hole and push it towards the headtube and out of the routing hole. It took a few minutes to get the housing past the linkage bolts going thru the seat tube but otherwise it wasn't to bad. I hope this helps.

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 18:25 Quote
CheesecakeJake wrote:

i've never needed to use a magnet, always apprehensive to possibly scratching paint!

-There is an access hole on the underside of the bottom bracket, around a nickel size in diameter.

-Feed the cable housing UP through this until it protrudes a good few inches OUT of the top of the seat tube.

-Insert the dropper cable through the cable housing from the seat tube end, all the way until the ferrule, which means you should have a good few feet of dropper cable past the cable housing in the downtube.

-As you are feeding the cable through, look through the open cable port on the down tube with a flash light and a set of small Kocker Clamps (surgical tool, but some auto parts stores carry them, extremely useful here).

-From here you can pull the cable and the housing through the port together. Then, take out the cable and cut the cable housing to length, then re insert the cable attached to the dropper post and finish the job.

Hope this helps!

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 18:27 Quote
Simann wrote:
CheesecakeJake wrote:

i've never needed to use a magnet, always apprehensive to possibly scratching paint!

-There is an access hole on the underside of the bottom bracket, around a nickel size in diameter.

-Feed the cable housing UP through this until it protrudes a good few inches OUT of the top of the seat tube.

-Insert the dropper cable through the cable housing from the seat tube end, all the way until the ferrule, which means you should have a good few feet of dropper cable past the cable housing in the downtube.

-As you are feeding the cable through, look through the open cable port on the down tube with a flash light and a set of small Kocker Clamps (surgical tool, but some auto parts stores carry them, extremely useful here).

-From here you can pull the cable and the housing through the port together. Then, take out the cable and cut the cable housing to length, then re insert the cable attached to the dropper post and finish the job.

Hope this helps!

Cheers for the advice, I didn't know about the little hole under the bashguard! got it through pretty easily after that

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 4:25 Quote
Ive been struggling for ages to get the housing past the linkage bolt, no matter what I try it just wont seem to get through. Any tips as this is driving me mad ????

leeazjr wrote:
CheesecakeJake wrote:
I got my frame today and started with routing the dropper. If you remove the rubber guard on the downtube there is a hole between the bottom threaded hole and the 2 threaded holes that hold the guard on. I inserted the housing in this hole and worked it up the seat tube, then once it was all the way thru I was able to put the other end thru the same hole and push it towards the headtube and out of the routing hole. It took a few minutes to get the housing past the linkage bolts going thru the seat tube but otherwise it wasn't to bad. I hope this helps.

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 5:36 Quote
Ok so I figured out a way! if you thread the cable through the linkage and out of the seat tube then pull it tight, then thread the casing over that and it works as a guide to help you get it through. Was still a battle as it just seemed to constantly jam but worked in the end.

Might be helpful to anyone else struggling as this is one of the top results that shows up in searches.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 14:43 Quote
crezo1 wrote:
Ok so I figured out a way! if you thread the cable through the linkage and out of the seat tube then pull it tight, then thread the casing over that and it works as a guide to help you get it through. Was still a battle as it just seemed to constantly jam but worked in the end.

Might be helpful to anyone else struggling as this is one of the top results that shows up in searches.

I’ve been struggling with this for about 2hours.
Did you go up through the down tube with the cable?
I can’t seem to get it to go anywhere. Once I get it through the small hole in the bottom of the seat tube it just gets stuck.
TIA

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005477
Mobile Version of Website