Internal Routing Meta TR29

PB Forum :: Commencal
Internal Routing Meta TR29
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
I am going to be build a meta soon (waiting on the frame)

I'll be using AXS for the gears and dropper, so not worried about that, but the brakes will be front on the right side

Does the frame have internal tube things for the hoses? By the sounds of it, it doesn't. But I dont really want the hose for the rear to have to go in the frame on the left hand side of it.

Also, does any one know if the frame comes with the foam tube and blanking plugs for the hose holes?

Cheers

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 15:50 Quote
My 2017 Meta AM came with internal routing, including blank spots for the dropper post. Looking at the Meta TR29, it also has all the same cutouts.
Commencal did supply me with a few extra rubber plugs and grommets, but since you won't be using many of the internal routes, you may want to ask for more.
There is a foam tube projecting from the downtube where my cables exit. Commencal will probably also continue this practice unless they have something better.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 1:22 Quote
My Meta TR 2021 came with foam tube to slide over the cables inside the frame. It isn't "tube in tube" routing so you can loop the rear brake in front of the head tube and in the right side of the top tube to run Aussie style. From memory there is an assortment of rubber plugs with one, two and no holes.

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 5:34 Quote
surfandride wrote:
I am going to be build a meta soon (waiting on the frame)

I'll be using AXS for the gears and dropper, so not worried about that, but the brakes will be front on the right side

Does the frame have internal tube things for the hoses? By the sounds of it, it doesn't. But I dont really want the hose for the rear to have to go in the frame on the left hand side of it.

Also, does any one know if the frame comes with the foam tube and blanking plugs for the hose holes?

Cheers

You can easily run them moto/uk style.
The frame comes with the rubber bungs for the holes, and full builds come with rubber/foam lagging to stop the hoses rattling around inside. I'm guessing you're just buying a frame only, so not sure if that will come with the lagging.

Posted: Jan 7, 2022 at 14:15 Quote
I broke a few of those rubber plugs when I was installing new brakes, and I'd like to replace them. They're cheap, but the shipping is insane ($15!). Does anyone know a cheaper source for these?

Posted: Jan 10, 2022 at 1:00 Quote
robomatic wrote:
I broke a few of those rubber plugs when I was installing new brakes, and I'd like to replace them. They're cheap, but the shipping is insane ($15!). Does anyone know a cheaper source for these?

I did the same too.
Had a couple of these laying around and they work pretty well
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324002900834?hash=item4b7013eb62:g:rpcAAOSwgFld6M5r

Posted: Jan 10, 2022 at 13:43 Quote
joehollindrake wrote:
robomatic wrote:

I did the same too.
Had a couple of these laying around and they work pretty well
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324002900834?hash=item4b7013eb62:g:rpcAAOSwgFld6M5r

Freaking life saver man, thank you! I found something similar with shipping to the USA for those of us across the pond. I ordered the 13x27 size, which is roughly the same size as the internal routing holes. I'll report back on how well they work after I receive them in early Feb. In the mean time, I've made makeshift covers with gorilla tape, which actually doesn't work too bad.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174767922956?var=473943204107&hash=item28b0fadf0c:g:TgQAAOSwYipgnPZo

Posted: Jan 11, 2022 at 1:06 Quote
robomatic wrote:

Freaking life saver man, thank you! I found something similar with shipping to the USA for those of us across the pond. I ordered the 13x27 size, which is roughly the same size as the internal routing holes. I'll report back on how well they work after I receive them in early Feb. In the mean time, I've made makeshift covers with gorilla tape, which actually doesn't work too bad.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174767922956?var=473943204107&hash=item28b0fadf0c:g:TgQAAOSwYipgnPZo

No problem!
I don't remember the exact size i used, but they fit pretty well
they just needed little bit of tape on the flat section, just to stiffen it up slightly

Posted: Feb 21, 2022 at 20:23 Quote
Ok it's been a while since i posted, life's been busy. At any rate I'm finally following up for any future people that come across this post.

Those grommets work pretty well, but they're ugly. It'll definitely seal the hole. The sizing isn't exactly right so they compress a bit and the seal is definitely thicker so it also sticks out a bit more. Verdidct: works good enough if you're cheap and arent picky about the look of your frame

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 7:36 Quote
I'm bumping this thread to say the commencal rubber cable blanks are an absolute nightmare to get in. I wish they just had little screw in one's like they do on bottom of frame.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007313
Mobile Version of Website