Help me choose new brakes.

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Help me choose new brakes.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 9:44 Quote
I am relatively new mountain bike stuff and trying to make my bike a little better. I want to get some brakes with a little more stopping power and better quality. Currently, I have the brakes that came with my specialized pitch which are FRONT BRAKE Radius CX7, mechanical disc, resin pads, 160mm rotor
REAR BRAKE Radius CX7, mechanical disc, resin pads, 160mm rotor
So just the same I guess. I don't know if this matters but I also replace my fork to a Rockshox Recon RL. If anyone knows any brakes that would work on my bike that are a step up that would be great.

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 15:12 Quote
Any shimano brake is good quality it's what I prefer. If its an option where you live. Rent a bike similar to yours with sram brakes and another with shimano see which one feels better to you. I would take both rental bikes down the trails you are most fimilar with so you get a good idea of how they feel.

Posted: Apr 30, 2020 at 7:05 Quote
Have you replace your brake pads? There are many options with different materials available and could be a simple, inexpensive fix. I recently replaced my worn pads and it made a big difference. My bike with XTR hydraulic 180s require less pressure on the levers than my old bike with cables and 160s, but if I squeeze hard I can easily lock the wheels.

Besides, who really uses brakes, they just slow you down.....Ha

Posted: Apr 30, 2020 at 11:02 Quote
I have a set of xtr brakes coming off my hd5. 400 takes them or 450 with rotors. Only thing is rotors are CL. I can sell you my wheel set and brakes for 1800.
Ibis s35 carbon rims laced to black CL i9 hydras with xtr brakes 203fr 180rr

Posted: Apr 30, 2020 at 11:07 Quote
MtBKMB wrote:
I have a set of xtr brakes coming off my hd5. 400 takes them or 450 with rotors. Only thing is rotors are CL. I can sell you my wheel set and brakes for 1800.
Ibis s35 carbon rims laced to black CL i9 hydras with xtr brakes 203fr 180rr

They've already bought brakes. Relax.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011161
Mobile Version of Website