Need help: 661 KYLE STRAIT KNEE or 661 RACELITE KNEE/SHIN

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Need help: 661 KYLE STRAIT KNEE or 661 RACELITE KNEE/SHIN
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 11:34 Quote
Ya they do burn when hiking. Thats one reason why I moved to the Kyle Strait's.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 11:36 Quote
mammothrocks wrote:
Ya they do burn when hiking. Thats one reason why I moved to the Kyle Strait's.

Yah thats why I got my Kyle Straits. Ill use my racelights for when im racing(and get an uplift) and my Straits for everything else. Smile

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 11:44 Quote
Kyle Straits are the bomb and the most comfortable pads I have worn and they act like a knee brace as well, just add a veggie shin wrap to it when your going racing and your golden

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
I had the same problem with the RaceLites cutting off my calf, but I had more of a problem with them slipping down and exposing the top half of my knee. What good is a knee/shin guard if it doesn't even work like it should?

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
nlitworld wrote:
I had the same problem with the RaceLites cutting off my calf, but I had more of a problem with them slipping down and exposing the top half of my knee. What good is a knee/shin guard if it doesn't even work like it should?

Sounds like you could have one with a size smaller. Mine fit perfect and dont slip if I have them done up right.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 0:42 Quote
If you have the money get the Kyle Strait and the if your worried about f*cking over your shins get the 661 Veggie shin. Both those pads are so comfy by them selves and together.

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 2:49 Quote
Sorry to grave dig this thread but I was just wondering if there was any difference between the Kyle Strait and the Kyle Strait Patriot, both are the same price on CRC and look the same.

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 2:58 Quote
Ive got another question too, how much movement do the race lites give cos i just bought some speed stuff trail ride knee/shin pads and they allow very little movement, so I am thinking of exchanging them for race lites.

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 3:04 Quote
Anybody try any of the new 661 EVO stuff?????

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 8:51 Quote
no its like 120$ for a pretty coloured kyle straight

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 15:32 Quote
Actually no it isn't. It has a different type of padding that apparently absorbs impacts better. Go to the web site and read up.

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 15:34 Quote
newfdh wrote:
Anybody try any of the new 661 EVO stuff?????
i used them all season, the evo padding split but 661 gave me news ones no questions asked, they are great you dont even know you have them on but they arent the best for rock gardens

I have kyle straits too they def offer more protection but they are bulkier
i had race lites before the straight i did not like them they moved around to much get the Races for a better fitting knee/shin pad

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 15:35 Quote
the evo stuff insnt ment to be used for downhill and rocks will cut in to the padding they are made of

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
Thanks for the feedback. I'll stick to the bulkier stuff. I would rather not have the broken patella.

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
has any one tried the dj knee pads

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011022
Mobile Version of Website