Izzo thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Izzo thread
Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 8:17 Quote
In case you ain’t following the MTBR IZZO thread, shock codes on some newer deliveries are Push to Lock... I’ve asked San Clemente what the spec is going forward and will report back...d;o)

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 9:02 Quote
San Clemente replied PTL is the spec going forward as a result of the twist-loc issues

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 13:35 Quote
undescended wrote:
San Clemente replied PTL is the spec going forward as a result of the twist-loc issues

I just received my Izzo 2 weeks back and I have the new spec shock and the twist-loc failure.

So I installed a new lock lever and was confused when unlocked it was compressing and when locked it was stiff. There we go question answered.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 14:01 Quote
Izzo pro in Ghostship green ordered and hopefully arriving before the end of the month. Want get an Invisiframe kit which comes in matte or gloss finish, can anyone here advise as to which will be the best to order?

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 15:17 Quote
I think Ghost Ship Green is gloss...

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 1:41 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
I think Ghost Ship Green is gloss...

Get it invisi-ed before you ride it for sure.
I rode mine 3 times before invisiframing and now its chipped in a few places.

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 21:05 Quote
my twist-loc doesn't stay lock, it hits a small bump and it kicks itself out of lock. what do I do?

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 23:57 Quote
k67iceberg wrote:
my twist-loc doesn't stay lock, it hits a small bump and it kicks itself out of lock. what do I do?

Swap for a normal lockout switch

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
Questions around the IZZO rear shock open and closed functionality.

Took this off the MTBR page from the user: Undescended Thank a million for the information and data.

D7Y7 - 2021, FLOAT DPS, F-S, K, Remote Down, Evol LV, PTL, YT, Izzo, 210, 55, 0.2 Spacer, LCM, LRL, CMF, [MY20] Stealth Logo

D2H8 - 2020, FLOAT DPS, F-S, K, Remote Down, Evol LV, PTU, YT, Izzo, 210, 55, 0.2 Spacer, LCM, LRM, CMF, YS-728_Matt/YS-728_Matt Logo

D8JD - 2021, FLOAT DPS, P-Se, A, Remote down, Evol LV, PTL, YT, Izzo, 210, 55, 0.2 Spacer, LCM, LRL, CMF, [MY20] Standard Logo

Look at the code on your shock for the lock out action. PTL: Push to Lock PTU: Push to Unlock.

PTL -> Push-To-Lock. Meaning default is open
PTU -> Push-To-Unlock. Meaning default is closed

Fox link just in case your code is different www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike

I have the shock code D7Y7: When the lever is locked the shock is closed for climbing, unlocked the shock is open. I have replace the grip style with an actual lever.

Hope this helps with the shock questions.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 23:52 Quote
robacks wrote:
Fox link just in case your code is different www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike
My code is DZK3 and Fox comes back with, “The information you are looking for is unavailable at this time. 2020 Series Float Metric”

Mine is locked (PTU) by default, which I’m annoyed about. I’d much rather have it the other way round, I’m using the lockout less and less and likely would remove it if it defaulted to open.

Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 1:02 Quote
DZK3 - 2020, FLOAT DPS, P-Se, A, Remote down, Evol LV, PTU, YT, Izzo, 210, 55, 0.2 Spacer, LCM, LRM, CMF, Standard Logo

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 0:04 Quote
If YT is now shipping with the PTL shock, does that mean if by default the shock is in the open position, we could than remove the lockout switch and cable from the bike and rear shock altogether and the shock would just remain in the open position???

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 2:39 Quote
AZfino wrote:
If YT is now shipping with the PTL shock, does that mean if by default the shock is in the open position, we could than remove the lockout switch and cable from the bike and rear shock altogether and the shock would just remain in the open position???

Yes. Pretty gutted mine is push to unlock :-(

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 5:25 Quote
I am planning to buy Izzo in the near future. I suppose currently available models are 2020 and there is no information about 2021 models? Comp would be good enough for me, but I'd prefer SLX over NX.

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
simtee wrote:
I am planning to buy Izzo in the near future. I suppose currently available models are 2020 and there is no information about 2021 models? Comp would be good enough for me, but I'd prefer SLX over NX.

Thanks!

2021 models announced eo jan 2021. However if a bike is release 1/2 way through a year like izzo, then sometimes there is no change for next year.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006222
Mobile Version of Website