Izzo thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Izzo thread
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 at 4:49 Quote
Dcshus on MTBR reports” Just got off the phone with YT. For those that have issues with the grip twistloc lockout, they will replace it for free or send the fox lever lockout instead.
They were very helpful and are aware of all the issues with the current batch of Sram grip lockouts. The technician I spoke with said the replacement grip lockouts they've been sending have been functioning as designed, without issues...”

Posted: Aug 12, 2020 at 21:09 Quote
What's the deal with the fidlock water bottle? Is there some reason I should spend 50 on that instead of 40 on the non YT branded one?

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 3:53 Quote
unnamedpeaks wrote:
What's the deal with the fidlock water bottle? Is there some reason I should spend 50 on that instead of 40 on the non YT branded one?

Or just spend $20 on a regular cage and bottle. The bike has standard water bottle bosses so there is no need to buy into the Fidlock system.

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 7:27 Quote
unnamedpeaks wrote:

I have the regular Fidlock on the bike you do not need to remove the blank just put it on top. Also keeps the water bottle off the frame. Works for me just fine. I also had one around from a sold bike.

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 14:32 Quote
Has anyone changed out the crankset for a short one? I'm used to running 170 mm, and while I've sort of readapted to 175 mm on the Izzo, on some trails it's still a major PITA. Thinking of going to 170 but not sure whether it's worth it...

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 17:00 Quote
unnamedpeaks wrote:

The Thirstmaster 5000 is larger than most other large water bottles by ~100ml. And the fidlock system seems neat on paper.

Mine rattles a ton and rubs on the frame. Luckily, I caught it early and put helicopter tape there since the invisiframe kit doesn't protect that area. It was also awkward to use at first, but now I don't have any troubles with it.

...I'm still probably going to end up swapping to a cage that I can mount a multitool/pump/etc to because the rattling bugs the hell out of me and I prefer to strap/mount/insert my tools and stuff to the bike rather than carry them on me.

Also, just saw the comment about leaving the spacer that is included on. Gonna try that and see if it helps!

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 20:37 Quote
After a month
Just fyi the tire rub is real it ate thru an ams guard and rubbed paint off one chainstay and wore out the gloss visible abrasions on the other with the included rubber protector. Happened on a green trail. Changed the guard to vertical wrap in the rubbed areas.
it was rubbing still but not chewing thru it. Tried on same trail then black.
Heel rub but the included protectors are working no chipped paint. Maybe when i get a chance to install the pedals that ordered might fix it. Chesters were just temp.
Of course the remote lock whenever it gets any moisture in won't lock... it was replaced with a different loc altogether.

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 14:49 Quote
Christopher119 wrote:
After a month
Just fyi the tire rub is real it ate thru an ams guard and rubbed paint off one chainstay and wore out the gloss visible abrasions on the other with the included rubber protector. Happened on a green trail. Changed the guard to vertical wrap in the rubbed areas.
it was rubbing still but not chewing thru it. Tried on same trail then black.
Heel rub but the included protectors are working no chipped paint. Maybe when i get a chance to install the pedals that ordered might fix it. Chesters were just temp.
Of course the remote lock whenever it gets any moisture in won't lock... it was replaced with a different loc altogether.

I hadn't heard this anywhere other than that first review. Is this a cause for concern? Do you have a wider tire on?

Generally any tips on how to protect the bike welcome.

I have never wrapped a frame. The cost of the invisiframe is tough to swallow. But sees like it works.

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 14:51 Quote
CasteelGilmore wrote:
unnamedpeaks wrote:

The Thirstmaster 5000 is larger than most other large water bottles by ~100ml. And the fidlock system seems neat on paper.

Mine rattles a ton and rubs on the frame. Luckily, I caught it early and put helicopter tape there since the invisiframe kit doesn't protect that area. It was also awkward to use at first, but now I don't have any troubles with it.

...I'm still probably going to end up swapping to a cage that I can mount a multitool/pump/etc to because the rattling bugs the hell out of me and I prefer to strap/mount/insert my tools and stuff to the bike rather than carry them on me.

Also, just saw the comment about leaving the spacer that is included on. Gonna try that and see if it helps!

So, the fidlock from elsewhere won't fit in the frame cutout...but that's not actually a problem since it rubs.

What's this about a cage you can mount to? Are there water bottle cages that have additional storage on them?

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 14:52 Quote
Any info folks have on the lockout would be great. My bike comes in October. I REALLY hope I have a push to lock instead of push to unlock. And, I hear they solved the twistlock issues, but seems like I should still order a new lever now so I can use whatever grips I want.

Thanks for any info.

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 21:22 Quote
unnamedpeaks wrote:
Any info folks have on the lockout would be great. My bike comes in October. I REALLY hope I have a push to lock instead of push to unlock. And, I hear they solved the twistlock issues, but seems like I should still order a new lever now so I can use whatever grips I want.

Thanks for any info.

Pretty sure all current shipments have the PTL shocks. I'd buy a separate lockout switch though, even though my TwistLoc handle does lockout the shock it doesn't hold at all. Like it'll pop itself back open with the bike sitting still. The good news though is if they're PTL shocks you can just run it open which is better than having it locked out by default.

Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 17:20 Quote
Best in Test Award....YT Izzo Comp

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/the-best-trail-bike-review/

Izzo full review:

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/yt-izzo-comp-2020-review/

Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 17:29 Quote
Glad to see the real weight for a Large Comp.

13.8 kg / 30.42 pounds is quite hefty for the large Comp model they tested. .... Considering my V2 Hightower is only slightly over a pound heavier.

Especially when you consider my Hightower, which is the carbon R model with NX drivetrain, also includes heavier tires and much heavier Yari fork. Just swapping the Izzo's Forkaster tires for the HT's 2.4 DHR 2's add almost exactly 1 pound (440 gram difference) to the Izzo. That puts it roughly only 1/2 - 3/4 pound lighter than the HT.

Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 23:56 Quote
AZfino wrote:
Best in Test Award....YT Izzo Comp

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/the-best-trail-bike-review/

Izzo full review:

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/yt-izzo-comp-2020-review/

Wow. Love enduro mag as they compare all the bikes so well. Unlike Big mag who just waffle on and pinkbike who only compare to one other bike.

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 0:14 Quote
I'd like to get some more real-world weigh-ins on this bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007917
Mobile Version of Website